Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, here's the deal. Looking to put either a C3 or C4 corvette rolling chassis under this car. Question which chassis would be easier to work with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racingsnake440 View Post
    What's different about the '87 up models?

they revised some of the mounting points, used slightly different materials... incremental changes - the important take-away from this is to avoid the 84/early 85 suspensions.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      that sold a couple weeks ago for 4k. If you look around, you can find C4s without their motor or trans from cheap cheap... how cheap? a friend wanted to give me the suspension from an 84 (no, 87 up is the better set up), or I could have bought an 89 with wiring problems and motor problems for $1250. No need to go all Chad on the C4 to get a donor.
      just tryin to help a couple of brothers out...I do not know what components Dave needs, so a package deal might be of assistance what with the new tires and all! also a lot closer to the bayou to pick up!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
        just tryin to help a couple of brothers out...I do not know what components Dave needs, so a package deal might be of assistance what with the new tires and all! also a lot closer to the bayou to pick up!

it's not a bad idea to pick up a running, driving car - saves the surprises later when you're trying to figure out whether it's worn components or faulty fab work that caused a driveability problem.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the tips, I can see I have much research yet to do, but keep those suggestions coming. Hope to actually get started on this next month.
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Some times just a few changes make a big difference on old cars. They generally have crappy alignment specs to boot.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I'm looking for a 1994 to 1996 vette now. Anyone see's or knows of a good donor car let me know.
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                I'm looking for a 1994 to 1996 vette now. Anyone see's or knows of a good donor car let me know.
                watch the AIA auctions - they now allow private parties to bid on lots of stuff; and those Corvettes, especially wrecked ones, are not well-loved. Otherwise, make a deal with a wrecking yard, you pay for an identified Corvette, you pull your parts off it and return it to them when you're done scavenging.

Comment

there are a handful of 55 Nomads here in town with C4 goods underneath. They only come out occasionally but If I see any I'll snap you some photos....
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Jim Meyer has bolt in rack and pinion as well as alot of good stuff.. All stuff you can find Anywhere, USA.. If you happen to break down.. Look his website over, you might change your mind....

Comment

i stopped at Schwartz performance on the power tour and they had some incredible cars . i believe they said the chassis's were about $10,000 complete and they sure were pretty

Comment

Al I have to add is, if anyone wants to sell the bolt on rocker panels let me know. I'd love to take of my hidious ground effects that someone put on in their place.
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

My son in law is parting out an '87 Vette presently. He bought it as a driver and drove it home. Had a salvage title, so he decided to just sell all the parts. Probably too far away to make a sensible purchase for you, as he's in San Diego, Ca.

Comment

Working...
                          X