• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard to tell them apart
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      When I think "Stiney" I think "Trail Rebel".

Who the heck comes up with the names for tires? Speaking of weird naming, at least they aren't Toyota TuRDs. I suspect it has a different meaning in Japan.

Dan

Trail Rebel.....yeah, I can be that. (Beaming)

FUN TRUCKER, TRAIL REBEL RADIAL ARR (Arr....pirate tires?), FAT HERBIES, WIDE BRUTES, PROSPECTOR A/P (whatever A/P is....alien probe? Guess it would go with Prospector?) WRANGLER RADIALS, WILDERNESS AT, EP 2000 - - who indeed?

And those are just the names on tires in this thread/project so far.

Keep thinking Trail Rebel Dan.......please. Just don't start thinking Fun Trucker, I beg you.
      Last edited by STINEY; May 20, 2016, 06:11 AM.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        Strange how much alike the colors of the rims are to SBG's FJ..
        Oh crap! I totally forgot to get the name or number of that color to him! I can still do that, might be too late now though? I apologize Aaron, didn't mean to leave you hanging like that.

Comment

Dan
          Dan, did you ever unearth any 250 HEI's at Chateau Stokes? They could be exchanged for Mutt-fundage.....

Comment

When I think "Stiney" I think "Trail Rebel".

Who the heck comes up with the names for tires? Speaking of weird naming, at least they aren't Toyota TuRDs. I suspect it has a different meaning in Japan.

Dan
            is that what they say? I thought it said Trail Rebate - Radial AARP. Maybe I should get some reading glasses.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Dan, did you ever unearth any 250 HEI's at Chateau Stokes? They could be exchanged for Mutt-fundage.....
              I'll rummage in the shop. Pretty sure I have at least 1 but I don't think I knew you needed one (damn old age). Get back tomorrow on that.

Oh, and I'm not supposed to think of you a Trun F - WHAT"?

Dan
              Last edited by DanStokes; May 19, 2016, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Do you guys have an Academy? It's the Walmart of sporting goods around here. Good on you for showing the boy how to mount them!

Tardis, that's a great idea for the strips since they come in 5m lengths a lot of times. I was gonna run a couple of the 5M strips down the middle of the garage and see how they do on a 7 foot spacing. I'm loving the 100w equivalent (14w I think) screw in type in the bay garage but they are still pricey. The 7 to 9w ones are getting pretty cheap these days but there's only two bulbs in a one car garage so the extra coin for the 14w was well worth it.
                Last edited by Beagle; May 19, 2016, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Cabelas is our walmart of sporting goods, but we also have REI, which is the kinder, gentler rape of the wilderness....

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    Cabelas is our walmart of sporting goods, but we also have REI, which is the kinder, gentler rape of the wilderness....
                    I can't go in Cabela's without the missus getting an alert call from the credit card company. Stupid credit card chips. You're right though, Cabela's is all about hunt it, kill it, eat it, and even furniture to sleep off the food coma.

Academy you can buy a hammock.
                    Cabela's you can buy a camo couch (Why would I hide such an essential piece of equipment?)
                    REI you can buy a hammock that cost as much as the couch from Cabela's.

Comment

• Amazingly, I spent most of the weekend in the shop. (still a little weirded out by that, something is definitely amiss)

Jeep has new axle u-bolts installed, rear shocks installed, rear diff surface cleaned and new cover/gasket installed and filled with gear oil.

And a little bling for SBG....Kachow!

Chased the frame threads and installed the skidplate. First time this has been on this frame, was a little apprehensive as it seems Jeep used a variety of positions for the different years and different transfer case applications. Seems to fit correctly.

Stuffed the drivetrain back in, lined up with the mount on the skidplate. Checking the front engine mounts shows a potential issue, the holes for the motor mount brackets seem to be too far rearwards.

Maybe not, went on to blasting the brackets and various other little bits. Speaking of which, its time for some upgrades to the HF blast cabinet. Internal light is first, then converting to pressure feed instead of siphon.

Comment

• looks good, needs more 350, though ;)

Comment

• Dauntless 350!
                          Central TEXAS Sleeper
                          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

• Ignore the enablers, ignore the enablers......

I have a 400 sbc on a stand, and with conversion mounts (which I have) and swap headers (which I also have) - removing the factory adapter plate from the TH400 will let the 400 bolt right up to it.

Maybe later. Must finish project, must finish project.

Last edited by STINEY; May 25, 2016, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• we will draw you down our path eventually ;)

Comment

• Why not do it once?
                                I liked the 250 in the 59 4X4 but loved the torquey 327 more..

Comment

Working...
                                X