No announcement yet.

Jeep CJ7 Rehab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just seeing if anyone was watching Beags......I try to set an addiction with pictures, glad to see its working!

For your Vector viewing pleasure, my friend.

Think you used enough weights there Sundance? Each one is like this, a couple are worse.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Son had another Cross-Country Meet to run in this weekend (dropped another 15 seconds on his 2 mile time too!)

Saw this in the parking lot. Nice inspiration. It is actually a Quadra-Track equipped model too, rare enough to see a CJ7 anymore, let alone one still sporting the Quadra-Track.

Also installed a new plastic glovebox, nice product - much better than the shaggy cardboard one. Picture of that later.
      Last edited by STINEY; September 14, 2015, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
        Just seeing if anyone was watching Beags......I try to set an addiction with pictures, glad to see its working!

For your Vector viewing pleasure, my friend.

Think you used enough weights there Sundance? Each one is like this, a couple are worse.

you know that you can only wear gold chains to cover your chest and shirts with just the bottom button fastened when you have those rims on your Heep?
        Of course, you are allowed to pay "Disco Duck" on your 8-track player through your Kraiger speakers.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• WTF is a Kraiger? Six toed love child of Craig and Kraco? I'd say it's okay if you have some Jensen Triax's or even the random Spark-O-Matics! Better Aquanet any of them, they all sound like crap after getting wet a few times.

I love those wheels, total trip in the wayback machine! I'm not sure what to make of those weights... dang that's a lot. I'm still thinking about putting airsoft pellets in mine, which only uses about half that much weight.

Last edited by Beagle; September 14, 2015, 11:36 AM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            you know that you can only wear gold chains to cover your chest and shirts with just the bottom button fastened when you have those rims on your Heep?
            Of course, you are allowed to pay "Disco Duck" on your 8-track player through your Kraiger speakers.

Since you sold the C3 and haven't started the new-improved version yet.............can I borrow your gold chains and wide-collar shirt collection for a while?

I won't ask to borrow your Rick Dees on 8-track, I couldn't afford to replace it when the deck eats the tape. Besides, I have Goofy Gold on vinyl I can transfer to ipod ala Squirrel, and Mom's LP collection to do battle with.

Where did I put my Mr. Microphone though? Haven't seen that in years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              WTF is a Kraiger? Six toed love child of Craig and Kraco? I'd say it's okay if you have some Jensen Triax's or even the random Spark-O-Matics! Better Aquanet any of them, they all sound like crap after getting wet a few times.

I love those wheels, total trip in the wayback machine! I'm not sure what to make of those weights... dang that's a lot. I'm still thinking about putting airsoft pellets in mine, which only uses about half that much weight.

Hahahaa....Kraiger....lol.

Aquanet? Why did we never think of that one? Would have been easy enough to swipe sister's can and experiment...... oh wait! We did, but we sprayed the floor down and ran our Spark-equipped SSP racers through. Sister ratted us out on that one, guess that Aquanet was expensive or something?

My boys instantly loved the wheels too. Guess good taste IS hereditary after all?

Comment

Oh hell. "Hey good lookin, we'll be back to pick you up later"

Uh huh. Mrs. Stiney would have put that behind the van tire, or in the snow blower, or in the chipper hopper, or tied to a blade on the mower... didn't you have a problem one time with a fan on the Grasshopper hydro? That's probably what broke it. Shrapnel from the Mr. Microphone.

Comment

• AQUANET?!?!! Only thing that shit is good for is firing off my apple shooter!

Comment

WTF is a Kraiger? Six toed love child of Craig and Kraco? I'd say it's okay if you have some Jensen Triax's or even the random Spark-O-Matics!
                    My first 2 cars had Sparkomatics, those were the still the shit in the late 80's.

The ad even has a FSJ Jeep in it.

As for the excessive amount of wheel weights on the Vector wheels...
                    Notice there are no wheel weights on the front of any of the rims.
                    -And-
                    Remington Brutes are pretty sucky tires to begin with..
                    Last edited by tardis454; September 14, 2015, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Oh hell. "Hey good lookin, we'll be back to pick you up later"

Uh huh. Mrs. Stiney would have put that behind the van tire, or in the snow blower, or in the chipper hopper, or tied to a blade on the mower... didn't you have a problem one time with a fan on the Grasshopper hydro? That's probably what broke it. Shrapnel from the Mr. Microphone.

Probably so.....or Goodwill. I have retrieved my stuff from the donation bags before, funny how it got in there.
                      Last edited by STINEY; October 3, 2015, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

My first 2 cars had Sparkomatics, those were the still the shit in the late 80's.

The ad even has a FSJ Jeep in it.

As for the excessive amount of wheel weights on the Vector wheels...
                        Notice there are no wheel weights on the front of any of the rims.
                        -And-
                        Remington Brutes are pretty sucky tires to begin with..

Didn't realize SparkoMatic had an equine model in their lineup, interesting.

Yeah, the tires are just rollers anyways. Old and partially balding. I am glad there are no weight marks on the fronts, that drives me nuts.

I remember building custom wooden speaker mounts for surface mount sparkomatics in the back of my '70 Wagoneer back in high school shop class. To go with the Sparkomatic deck I swapped in.

That was a lot of filing to get that thing in the factory AM radio hole............
                        Last edited by STINEY; September 14, 2015, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                          AQUANET?!?!! Only thing that shit is good for is firing off my apple shooter!

Didn't work that great for you either I take it. Yeah, marketing overrated their product, glad it wasn't just my trendy hair that suffered for it.

Comment

Didn't realize SparkoMatic had an equine model in their lineup, interesting.

Yeah, the tires are just rollers anyways. Old and partially balding. I am glad there are no weight marks on the fronts, that drives me nuts.

I remember building custom wooden speaker mounts for surface mount sparkomatics in the back of my '70 Wagoneer back in high school shop class. To go with the Sparkomatic deck I swapped in.

That was a lot of filing to get that thing in the factory AM radio hole............
                            I had Sparkomatics in my 80 Eagle wagon, and my 83 Aries sedan.
                            The Eagle eventually got a pair of Jensen house speakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

I had Sparkomatics in my 80 Eagle wagon, and my 83 Aries sedan.
                              The Eagle eventually got a pair of Jensen house speakers.
                              I wonder if we are all related some how. I had these and a pair of Pioneer bookshelf two ways in the back of my Vega in the early 80's.

Studio monitors from a radio station here.

Comment

Since you sold the C3 and haven't started the new-improved version yet.............can I borrow your gold chains and wide-collar shirt collection for a while?

I won't ask to borrow your Rick Dees on 8-track, I couldn't afford to replace it when the deck eats the tape. Besides, I have Goofy Gold on vinyl I can transfer to ipod ala Squirrel, and Mom's LP collection to do battle with.

the gold chains went with the Corvette, sadly enough - they were fake, so easily replaceable (preferably with ones that don't turn your skin green).... however, I'm sure I can loan you my polyester, white leisure suit with the matching curtain-print-brown wide collar shirt.

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

My boys instantly loved the wheels too. Guess good taste IS hereditary after all?
                                Unfortunately the ability to judge correctly has skipped (at least) two generations.
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X