No announcement yet.

Project Tetanus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking we need pictures of the holes and a picture of how and where you hold the torch in relation to the weld. That said, I have fond memories of being on a roof, welding with a TIG galvanized 16 ga duct to its roof flange while being inside the box the mushroom fan came in to keep the wind from blowing the argon away....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

"breezes" .... uh huh ;)
      WARNING -FLATULANCE IS NOT A NONFLAMABLE SHEILDING GAS !!!!😎
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Flatuance is, in fact, QUITE flammable! Mostly methane, you know......

Dan

Comment

• Just joining the junior high crowd.....

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Beating the decades worth of old farts out of upholstery.

Last edited by STINEY; March 7, 2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Dude! Seriously? You just had to fart on my car!?

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                Beating the decades worth of old farts out of upholstery.
                Thinkin' those were sharts......

Dan

Comment

• Sorry Joe. I blame Stiney and Dan.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• I never could figure most of these types of plates! But damn! That is a headscratcher!
                    Best of intentions.....? .

Comment

• TMI...

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming....
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I think the driver is "brave" to share his/her situation. We all can relate.

Look up Amy Schumer on "being brave".

Dan

Comment

• Joe has gone full Leatherface on the Plymouth, and the rest of you have gone back to 9th grade. Gotcha.

And just one question: how bad does your life have to suck that your task for the day is to literally hammer the shit out of some bus seats?
                          Last edited by BangShift McT; March 8, 2017, 06:34 PM.
                          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• Just a gee-whiz update.

I got off about an hour early today and cleaned up some scrap metal and played with speed/heat and air settings.

I am confident that I found the right settings and have been playing with how long I pull the trigger for a decent tack weld.

There seems to be no correlation between time and quality of the tack weld BUT I noticed a sound and visual cue that seems to say "Hey, times up let go of the trigger"

I bonded 2 pieces of metal together and there was good heat and weld penetration, I think I have the settings down for 10 to 22g sheet metal.

This weekend I am going to practice a bit more before I try to tack anything else onto the car but...I do not think I am too far away from patching some more internal holes.

I do need to get a flanging tool. I wanted a hand one because my compressor is not strong enough but I cant find one so I guess its a pneumatic one I'll get
                            Thanks for reading along and thanks for the front page write up. I feel speshul!
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                              Just a gee-whiz update.

I got off about an hour early today and cleaned up some scrap metal and played with speed/heat and air settings.

I am confident that I found the right settings and have been playing with how long I pull the trigger for a decent tack weld.

There seems to be no correlation between time and quality of the tack weld BUT I noticed a sound and visual cue that seems to say "Hey, times up let go of the trigger"

I bonded 2 pieces of metal together and there was good heat and weld penetration, I think I have the settings down for 10 to 22g sheet metal.

This weekend I am going to practice a bit more before I try to tack anything else onto the car but...I do not think I am too far away from patching some more internal holes.

I do need to get a flanging tool. I wanted a hand one because my compressor is not strong enough but I cant find one so I guess its a pneumatic one I'll get
                              Thanks for reading along and thanks for the front page write up. I feel speshul!
                              Eastwood sells a flanging tool. It looks like vice grips. Good luck on your project!

Comment

• I have seen one made out of a c-clamp
                                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X