Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you do the work at Yannicks ?

Comment

• Good job Scott! When I did mine, I also put sealed roller bearings on the peddle hanger

Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Nice work Scott, looks professional.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
          Did you do the work at Yannicks ?
          Yeah.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Are you going to do the same to the rod from the equalizer to the clutch fork?
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
              Are you going to do the same to the rod from the equalizer to the clutch fork?
              If it breaks. I got other things to worry about right now.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• It's amazing how much of a difference my cars runs on Cali's summer blend gasoline. It's harder to keep it idling when cold and it leans out and backfires occaissonally. What is strange is that it's warmer out. Hotter and drier air usually means the car should be leaned out, but my car acts differently. It needs more fuel. I'm guessing that the summer blend has much more methanol requiring a richer AFR mixture to run right.

It backfired on throttle tip in and at first I thought I needed a larger accelerator pump nozzle. I went from a 32 to a 35. It didn't help. So I went back to see how long the gas was squirting out of the nozzle. It was emptying too fast. Some people would get a 50 cc accelerator pump setup. Thats a band aid fix. I checked out the accelerator pump cam. The carb had a green one. I took out a sheet I printed off of Holley's website that is a graph showing how each different cam moves fuel. The green shoots a lot of fuel compared to others, but it doesn't do it right away. So I chose an orange one, it moves more fuel earlier than the green cam. The engine liked that better.

I also had a lean out when I mashed the gas. I decided to go up on the power valve from a 65 to an 85. This means the power valve opens now at 8.5 in hg of vacuum. We'll see if the car likes that better.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• My problem with the blended fuels seems to be vapor lock. The Meth/Eth content seems to make the vapor lock happen easier.

Would you mind posting the pump cam info up?
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

• I printed this and stuck it in my Holley parts box.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Holley Pump Cam Chart.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	861625

Here's a link to a big version.

Last edited by Scott Liggett; April 22, 2012, 09:06 PM.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Worked on a couple things today.

First, I was annoyed by the one fitting that didn't match the rest on the hydroboost install. Even though it was nearly hidden under the hydroboost unit; it bugged me. So, I fixed that.

For you Forum Freaks who never read the front page, here is the article on how I installed the hydroboost.

One of the other issues was the firewall grommet for the clutch rod. It ripped long ago, but with the old, and now broken, clutch rod It still kept the hot engine out. But, now with the new clutch rod I was getting blasted with air from the engine compartment. I bought this cool looking grommet from Earls that is for a -10 braided line, but it's the same size as the hole and the new rod. Works much better.

The new grommet was pricey, but it looks good too. No one would notice it anyways, they'd be in shock from the wiring mess under there.

Oh yeah, I painted the clutch rod while was out.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• It's the small things in life that make it good.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• I'm not done yet. The clutch rod is dragging on the clutch pedal. I will be annoying the neighbors making wonderful music with my grinder tomorrow.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                            I printed this and stuck it in my Holley parts box.

Here's a link to a big version.

http://www.holley.com/data/Products/...mpCamGraph.pdf
                            Thanks Scott ...
                            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

• If they give you grief, just wait until they grind on their clutch pedals! If they can't take a joke the hll with them.
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• the new grommet looks great Scott. Some of the fuzes and fuze holders in the upper fuze box starting to look a little rusty. Hope it doesn't bite you down the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X