Rebeldryver's '65 Impala SS Black Betty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hotrodfords View Post
    Find a good running small block and get it back on the road quicker and cheaper. Or the latest "goodwrench" 350 GM has been offering. I've seen those things around $1500 delivered during a Jegs sale. Throw your good speed parts on it and drive it another 150,000 miles.
    hrf - I don't know if you're aware that Scott works for BluePrint Engines. When you call there he's the guy who picks up the phone. So he KNOWS where to get a replacement.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

hrf - I don't know if you're aware that Scott works for BluePrint Engines. When you call there he's the guy who picks up the phone. So he KNOWS where to get a replacement.

Dan
      Well now where's the fun in that?!? LoL Go scrounging!!!

Comment

• I don't think putting the competition's crate engine in the car would be good for job security. Besides, GM's warranty sucks. Their engines make no power and only the stock replacement ones are reasonably priced. The rest of their performance stuff is overpriced and under powered. No thank you. I would build my own before that happened.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Well, regardless of what you choose to power it, I hope you get it back on the road soon. I think it's a cool driver, right wheels, stance, and color.

Comment

• I will have it up and running soon....with something. It may not be everything I want, but it will run soon.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Hey...Scott.....where are you ?

Comment

• Originally posted by malc View Post
                Hey...Scott.....where are you ?
                Was wondering myself, he last posted during Thumpin's Nebrasky trip...
                Last edited by Deaf Bob; July 23, 2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• I have been dealing with a flare up of Crohns since April. On top of that, work has been insane since the same time. Yes, they are related. I have had very little energy to much of anything.

Nothing has happened with this car since I pulled the engine. It sits in the garage at the back of the line. I am not doing anything with it until I finish the Ford and get rid of it. I am building a 390 for it. Once done, that car is up for sale. I am working a complicated deal for a new engine for the Impala. I cannot and will not talk about it until I actually have it in my garage.

All work is at a stand still since the other half of the garage is now taken up by Daphne Reynolds 66 Bel Air wagon. They had to cannonball back to LA because of a very serious problem with her cancer cut short her Rocky Mountain Race Week.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Good of you to check in..
                    Hate most of the news tho...
                    Hope it all gets into a liveable groove..

Comment

• Sorry to hear your absence is due to your condition Scott, take it easy and
                      get yourself better.

Comment

• Best of luck, Scott. And to Daphne, of course. Sending my best Positive Energy.

Dan

Comment

• take care brother... thoughts and prayers are forthcoming.....
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Take care of yourself first!
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• No real news yet to get this thing running again. I need to finish and sell the Galaxie first for cash.

Today I was approved by the DMV censors for the new vanity plates, 65DRVVN as in Driven.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Ooooh....you're soo vain......you probably think this thread is about you.

Glad to see you posting again.
                                Last edited by malc; August 21, 2017, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X