Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

67 Sublime Fairlane Sedan project begins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 67 Fairlane Sedan project begins!

Looks pretty clean.....What are your plans?

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
      Looks pretty clean.....What are your plans?

Seth
      up in the air as yet-aluminum heads are an absolute, I will never build another big block from scratch without them. the benefits of lighter weight, higher cr and better flow as cast, before porting in most of them, just makeit pointless to try to port and make happy cast iron. the Edelbrocks with a 72 cc chamber, zero deck and a 11 cc dish forged piston get me to about 10.7 to 1. Gotta talk to my machinisit, who is, happily, a Ford FE guy, and see if thats pushing the 91 octane piss we have here in socal for gas.

67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
      05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

Always a favorite body style. You seem pretty stoked!

Comment

Nice start you got there. Dang Ford and their non-descript blocks, but good score for you.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Awesome! A big block Fairlane post car. That is just cool.
            Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Originally posted by AFFORDILLAC
              Always a favorite body style. You seem pretty stoked!
              I am really stoked to be doing a new project. I owned and loved that Buick for nearly half of my life, but had hit the wall with it-parts are really expensive and some are just not available. the ongoing cylinder block issues are enough to make you take up golf. This Fairlane already has a nicely done chassis, and while I nearly did not buy it because it is so much more of a track than street car starting out, I hav enever had a really solid track chassis, so I eventually talked myself into living without some creature comforts for awhile, and enjoying a crazy-quick lightweight car. that Buick was almost 4300 lbs with me sittin in it.

Nice start you got there. Dang Ford and their non-descript blocks, but good score for you.

I studied it pretty hard and nearly went with a 460, but the 428 is lighter, and it looks period correct in that car, with 427 badges on it. There are some great FE websites and a lot of help over there as well. I am hoping to be running in the fall of 09. depends on body shop prison.................

Comment

Check With Barry R on here......He owns Survival Motorsports....Pretty much the best FE builder around.

Seth

200 mph or bust.......

Comment

thanks seth, I am aware of Barry and Survival, we will be talking soon.....................

Comment

started gettin ready for the bodyshop today!!!
                    Last edited by stage1scott; October 21, 2013, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Progress! Looking good. Going to get the chrome redone?
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                        the bumpers have been redone, and look pretty good-all tha tother stuff is STAINLESS and is good to so-so condition. now that it is all off I will spend some time examining each piece. there is a guy who removes dings and polishes stainless, but I have heard it is 10 bucks an inch, and I am definitely NOT up for that. thus far I have decided to keep it all, instead of having the bodyshop fill all the holes.

Comment

Originally posted by stage1scott
                          the bumpers have been redone, and look pretty good-all tha tother stuff is STAINLESS and is good to so-so condition. now that it is all off I will spend some time examining each piece. there is a guy who removes dings and polishes stainless, but I have heard it is 10 bucks an inch, and I am definitely NOT up for that. thus far I have decided to keep it all, instead of having the bodyshop fill all the holes.
                          $10 an inch? WOW. I have a guy that is probably a lot cheaper, though you may have to ship it to him. I'll check with him and post in the next couple days.
                          Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by trukluvr
                            Originally posted by stage1scott
                            $10 an inch? WOW. I have a guy that is probably a lot cheaper, though you may have to ship it to him. I'll check with him and post in the next couple days.
                            cool=appreciate it!

Comment

I see a Falcon and a Ranchero in the back of one of the pics. What's the story on those?

Oh yeah, nice looking car, great color for it and it looks to be a nice solid example. I just tipped a guy off to one sitting in a garage nearby.

Comment

I have a bench seat out of a 66 wagon. It is a solid back, not split, but looks like it can be hinged. I live in Mi :'(. Can't wait to see your Fairlane done.

Comment

Working...
                                X