Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    silver sticker = WIN!!!!!
    Yes, now I get to crawl through that tiny aperture every damn time. This thing better get out of it's own way or do I look dumb or what?
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• just don't put anything heavy in it. Light weight....go fast....
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• We've been busy finishing the last bits and pieces of chassis and the engine and trans mounts. This is two parts of what will be a three part piece. It's a cross member that is required by the 25.5B chassis spec, the transmission mount, and it will hold the driveshaft loop. It drops out with the two Camburg clamps that are welded into the tube on eiither side.

Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Remember the first thing you are supposed to learn about fabrication, "measure twice cut once"? Well, I screwed up the original engine placement height and lateral location when I cut the block plate well over a year ago. So now we had to cut it longer. Once its cleaned up no one will ever know, except ya'll. The revised midplate survived my measurement 'skills' and is anchored to mounting blocks set into the firewall and like the front the mid-plate wings rest on the reinforced frame rails. (the rectangular tubes on top of the factory frame rail in the first pictures) This will allow me to drop the motor and trans in as a unit and pull it forward a bit if I need to pull the trans without plling the engine. The reason I'll need to pull it forward to drop the trans is the engine is back as far as it can go with the JW Bell in place and it has to move to clear the flex plate.

Comment

• I've been looking for a metal stretcher to fix these kind of things for some time. Do you have a source?

Dan

Comment

• Don't worry about the mis-measure Bill. Heck, when I was putting my engine in this time, I forgot which side of the sway bar mount I measured from (back when the trans was still in it) and welded in the motor plate mounts about 4" too close to the bellhousing plane. Oopsie. No, I did not go back and cut them out. haha

This thing is turning into a piece of rolling art work. You and your fabricator should be very proud! Looks awesome.
              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

• looking good! I did the cut and move thing on my motor mounts on my Chevy II, but I caught it after tack welding, before final welding.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• And now, magic! The mistakes are gone. The smaller tubes off the strut to frame bars are how we decided to locate the block plate to the chassis. Which in turn took some planning and thinking and some failed attempts at the bends. Tricky tubes these are.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                    Pretty impressive. I usually can only bend fuel and brake line like that.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• It's looking good and getting there. Serviceability is definitely being taken into account here...me likey.
                      Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

• We are down to the last of the chassis fab stuff. Finished the back seat and package shelf tin work.

Comment

• We also checked out the TRZ parachute mount, bumper support, trailer hitch. Nice when something fits like it is supposed to without massive modification or in this case, even minor trimming.

Comment

• We also mocked up the Baer ReMaster billet 1.125" bore master cylinder in Billet Hard Coat finish. It has an integrated proportioning valve mounted underneath and is attached with a TRZ Fox Mustang manual brake adapter.

Comment

• Slick!
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• 5 days.. No updates.. Must be shaking it down!

Comment

Working...
                                X