No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me too. It's going in to the shop tomorrow to get some art work. Should be interesting. I washed the car today, and took some pictures. It's getting nice and dirty, and starting to get that "lived in" look.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Wow !!!!!! I love it ! ......... nothing butchered , neat and tidy , there is nothing that's not needed , period correct , parts fabricated in "your" shop ....... well done

Comment

• Love it! Where are the cup holders?
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Thanks! I'm considering building a removable console thingy to go where the fire extinguisher is, between the seats. Amp, speakers, cup holders, and a few other features. Although it would make life a bit too civilized, so I might skip it.
          My fabulous web page

Comment

• For what it matters I say skip it but then I don't drive it . As I recall , when I had my 64 Chevy II there where drinks holders built into the glovebox door . Seams to me they were more like coasters ! hahaha

Comment

• Jim, I don't see you as one to ignore electronic features - I bet the very removable console / water bottle holder has a USB charging station.
              Last edited by Beagle; July 27, 2014, 07:58 PM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• I'm even jealous of the neat and orderly under carriage.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                  I'm even jealous of the neat and orderly under carriage.
                  yeah, if he wasn't so damn likeable, I'd push him down the stairs.

(KIDDING!!!)
                  Last edited by Beagle; July 27, 2014, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• the removable console sounds like a good idea- especially for dragweek!

You might of said, but- Why not move the battery to the rear? (and 10 points off for not being a vintage battery! haha)
                    Local person
                    sigpic

Comment

• I get the battery ... battery replacement = any Walmart anywhere.

Comment

• The battery being in front is a matter of being practical....no long cables, no cutoff switch, etc. And I altered the wheelbase to deal with weight distribution. Also, this way I don't have anything in the trunk, no need for a trunk firewall, etc. and plenty of room back there for all my DW supplies

The battery is not only a Walmart special, it's the cheapest Walmart car battery there is. The more money you pay, the more lead you get, which is more weight to haul down the drag strip.
                        Last edited by squirrel; July 28, 2014, 08:58 AM.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

• Smart guy . When I had my 88 5.0 I put the battery in the trunk. Went to the track and failed tech , approx $200 ( battery box , cut off switch , cable ) later I passed tech . Finding a place to mount the switch was a pain as it was a street car . Put it behind the licence plate , so I had to build a mounting bracket to move the plate out . So at the track I would just remove the plate . PITA

Comment

• I like the battery up front idea, and makes perfect sense for all the reasons listed.

Comment

• Lettering is getting done....front fenders are about finished. Looking good! no pics yet, sorry.
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

• you dirty little tease....
                                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                                X