No announcement yet.

88 RX7.. What to do ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget the track.. How does it drive? Seamless I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Forget the track.. How does it drive? Seamless I hope!
      Drives like a go cart !!

Comment

Bet it gives the AC a run for the money.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
          Bet it gives the AC a run for the money.
          Mazda would kill it hands down ! Goin to the drags tomorrow. Hope we have a good day.

Comment

have fun!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Well sorta had a good day at the drags yesterday. Got thrown out after 2 runs. Now giving some thought on getting the 92 wagon (Buick GN motor also) into the high 11s.

Comment

I wanna see the wagon too! That's bad ass.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I'm guessing the sorta good =

sorta = getting tossed
                  good= NINE's.

I think Good won on that exchange. Excellent!
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I get the cool factor about getting tossed off the track but put yourself in the track operator's position. It's difficult to get insurance to run any sort of racing facility and one of the stipulations from the insurance company is that certain safety regulations are in place and enforced. So running outside of those regulations puts not only the track operator in jeopardy but you might also cost all the competitors a place to race because no insurance = no track. We came close to that at ECTA last year.

I realize you can run too quick for your safety gear by accident (it was faster/quicker than you thought) but PLEASE don't do it on purpose.

Sorry to be the safety Grandma.....

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      I get the cool factor about getting tossed off the track but put yourself in the track operator's position. It's difficult to get insurance to run any sort of racing facility and one of the stipulations from the insurance company is that certain safety regulations are in place and enforced. So running outside of those regulations puts not only the track operator in jeopardy but you might also cost all the competitors a place to race because no insurance = no track. We came close to that at ECTA last year.

I realize you can run too quick for your safety gear by accident (it was faster/quicker than you thought) but PLEASE don't do it on purpose.

Sorry to be the safety Grandma.....

Dan
                      Dan my daughter worked @ NED for years. We know the rules believe me. My car has everything but the engine diaper. I also need shoes, pants and a different helmet. My daughter is harder on me than the track Rules ??? Go to Beach Bend BG Kentucky. t shits. shorts and flip flops in 9 sec cars. Club week. Guys don't want to even put in a roll bar . Oh my daughters biggest boss was her mother. She had everything for a 10.0. We went to CC in MD. She ran in the 9s an she got booted. Came back home an were planninng our next race in Ga. Mom stept up NO more racing till the front halo is done. Got it done i a week.All of our cars are street cars drivin daily.

So ya I know where you are coming from !!
                      Dan

Oh we really didnt think it would go 9s. Her car would kill it so I thought I was safe.
                      Last edited by Sleeper 6; October 28, 2016, 04:55 AM.

Comment

my very first time at a track over did it.
                        no big deal.

I never did go back realizing my own demands and facts of fast...
                        needed a lot more surrounding it.

it happens. People are real.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post
                          my very first time at a track over did it.
                          no big deal.

I never did go back realizing my own demands and facts of fast...
                          needed a lot more surrounding it.

it happens. People are real.
                          well we always notice fast cars that don't have squat an get away with it. Natural for us to "look". Lots of illegal cars out there. Excuses like mine is a street car and we only race twice a year is BS..

Comment

Ok I have photobucket to store my pic. They suck. Site is down a LOT. What do you guys use??? Went to post more wagon pic. NOTHING comes up.

Comment

Pretty much all my pics were posted to my desktop and then directly to BS thru the process in the sticky ((click on the icon that looks like a suitcase with a fish hook in it) and follow usual procedures). Works well for me.

I just store them in my computer in appropriate file folders.

Dan
                              Last edited by DanStokes; October 28, 2016, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Dan most of the sites I am on I have to use something like photobucket. Shot of the wagon here.

Comment

Working...
                                X