Langleylads 68 Cougar project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Front and rear valances often have a pretty tough life. This look like no exception. Do you want to lose the exhaust pipe cut-outs?

Dan
    No , I want to keep them. Originally I thought of cutting them out of the Mustang valance and welding them into the stock piece . Since the stock valance is in rough shape I'm going to modify the Mustang piece to fit. If that dosen't work out I'll go with the original plan , the stock valance is repairable.Also by using the Shelby valance it has the license plate mount , the Cougar had the plate between the taillights which I lost by going to the Shelby taillight panel.
    Last edited by langleylad; November 24, 2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• sounds like a great plan! I like the idea of a Shelby Cougar!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
        sounds like a great plan! I like the idea of a Shelby Cougar!
        I think so , it's kind of looking like that . Besides the Shelby pieces going on , I've taken one manufactures engine and put it in another manufactures vehicle ( AC Cobra ) .

Comment

• Just imagine if GM had backed Shelby instead of Ford!
          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Just imagine if GM had backed Shelby instead of Ford!

there would have been a shelby Corvair. the Portland Trailblazers could have drafted Michael Jordon, instead, they got Sam Bowie. However, MJ would have been oil to Clyde Drexler's water - it just wouldn't have worked. Frankly, I'm glad he went to Ford, it gave Duntov the foil he needed to goad GM into an all aluminum 427 in the Corvette.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Blazers DID draft Jordan, promptly traded him for Bowie!

Comment

• A Shelby Corvair? HMMMMMMMMM... Mid engined I'd Guess... I've seen several that were really nicely done... Maybe we should stop the thread Hijack...
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• I believe it's going to work . I think I'll end up cutting off the ends of the stock valance and adding them to the Mustang valance.
                  Attached Files

Comment

A Shelby Corvair? HMMMMMMMMM... Mid engined I'd Guess... I've seen several that were really nicely done... Maybe we should stop the thread Hijack...

if we do, he'll just go back to talking about hybrids....
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

if we do, he'll just go back to talking about hybrids....
                      Yes , like European 2 seaters with Cadillac engines ?

Comment

• Damn....
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• I got the valance all figured out and I'm very happy with it . I installed the rear bumper , fender extensions and trunk lid just to get a look at things . Next job is to get the bumper to fit better , it's twisted and the top and bottom sides is in need of straightening out . Bumper jack damage I presume . The bumpers will be painted body color .
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Looks like it's coming along!
                            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• It's getting there , slowly but surely . Lately I've been playing checkout chicken on the Summit checkout page . Do I or don't I spend the money , Kooks headers $1000
                              Last edited by langleylad; December 7, 2014, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• I spent it , but not with Summit with Amazon . Great deal , Amazon was cheaper than Summit and in CDN $$$$ as well . Kooks 2010 Camaro SS stainless headers . They fit between the rails , BUT , I'll have to build new motor mounts AGAIN ! Oh well , gives me something to do . The steering shaft is going to be fun also .
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X