No announcement yet.

Langleylads 68 Cougar project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no problem buying "quality" tools , remember the money that you are saving doing your own work . Plus that one day they will move on to other hands and continue to do the job. Have you ever been to a garage sale or swap meet and bought a cool old tool , they seem to have a sole . Besides I'm a tool junkie !.

Comment

• Fine tools gain wisdom as they age. I really believe that.

Dan

Comment

• Swap meet finds are the best. I feel like ive accomplished something when I find something cool
        CHECK US OUT AT:
        www.ridetech.com

Comment

• speaking of which... we now have to invest in even more tools... Sean got a new job at a newly remodeled auto service center in town! I realize that we have all the tools we need at the house, but, we have figured that we will eventually bring those back as they are replaced... so we get our faves back in our house...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Stripping parts , cleaning parts and painting parts . I'm sure glad that I saved every part that I took off when disassembling .

Comment

• Yeah... we will also have a few parts to clean... happy we kept them...I'm sure that it is even more important in a first gen cougar...
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0481.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	1054873

Ok , lets see what I can do with this . It should be a challenge , grafting in a 68 Mustang GT front valance . I got a great deal on it so I don't feel too bad about cutting it up . Oh ya , I finally ordered tires today . 265/35/18 for the front and 295/35/18 for the rear , Michelin Pilot Sports . I was really hoping to get 315/30/18 for the rear but it would be pushing it , they fit but with only .5 inch clearance on both sides . The 295 are only an inch narrower than the 315 and that makes a big difference . Wheels next , then brakes , I've got to get this in order so that eventually I can decide on rear end width , then order up the rear suspension . $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ .

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0485.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	1055283

Today I panel gapped the driver side door , I realize that without a before picture that this doesn't say much but I had to weld in a length of 1/8" rod and then I still had to add a bit more weld to the middle section . I ended up with a 3/16" gap . It's worth the effort .

Comment

• Looks great! This is going to be one pretty car.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      Looks great! This is going to be one pretty car.

Dan
                      Well thank you Dan

Mike
                      Last edited by langleylad; September 4, 2015, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• Love this thing!
                        What's your plan for rear suspension? If I ever change from leaf springs I'll likely go with Torque arm.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
                          Love this thing!
                          What's your plan for rear suspension? If I ever change from leaf springs I'll likely go with Torque arm.
                          Thanks Mike ,
                          DSE Quadralink , I've already install their mini tub kit , subframe connectors and rear torque boxes (modified).

Mike
                          Last edited by langleylad; September 4, 2015, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Will you paint it blue? (I dig your blue Cougar, I get it on for your jeans, but your Nashville sneakers always bring me down - Guess Who).

Dan

Comment

• That DSE Quadralink looks nice, I see that the top links are closer to the axle than most 4-links.

Comment

• This is gonna be sooooo cool!
                                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X