Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 73 Javelin Project car Ace,s an Eights

Hi Every one
    I,m new to this stuff.I have finely started on my car after 30 years of it being drug around with me and raising 2 boys. I got tired of waiting on Chip Foose and the A-Team. If some one would guide me on how to post pics I will be posting pics as I go along.I am looking for a few parts and advice ect. Mabe get some contacts on where to find parts. These cars are hard to find parts for and then they are not gold plated. They are pure gold as the cost of them reflects.This is not going to be a quick thing but my goal is to at least drive it by next summer. With that being said. Hope to find other amc,ers out there. Thanks for the time and the insperation that this forum has given me to get off my duff and get started. Hope I can get back to this page as i,m new to this posting thing (lol)
    "You Don't Get Old And Stop Racing" You Get Old When You Stop Racing"

Welcome. We Love pictures...

The way I (currently) post photos is:

1. Pull the memory card out of the camera and stick it in the computer and open...obviously.
    2. Pick the shot then use a photo manager program to crop then size the photo. Anything bigger than 800 across is too big! 300 is too small.
    3. Move the sized photo to your desktop (click and drag).
    4. Now to BangShift...use "go advanced" for posting, where you get the linup of tools to use, and find insert image and click.
    5. Find the select file button at the bottom (if it doesn't appear immediately, give it a few seconds or try again), check that you're selecting from your computer (from the web is also an option) and click, you should get a window with files etc. and that photo you put on your desktop. Click the image, then open, and there you have it. You can experiment from there how to place it within your text.

Photos do not have to be "hosted" by another site such as Photobucket, once they're on here they'll stay here.

Comment

OK Tried that it says Please enter the url of your image.

Comment

Look up just a bit...there's a choice of "from url" (where you would paste the url of an image from the internet if you were getting one from there) or "from computer" which you need if it's your own pic. Click the latter and you should see the graphic change.

Then hit "select file".

Comment

I,m sorry I dont see any thing like that Just the box for the url. At the bottom in Posting Permissions it says "You may not post attachments"
          Last edited by cerollins; October 24, 2012, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Hmm...no matter what I do, I am not getting that message.

Other options might be (1) Check the f.a.q. page for info on uploading images, it has you upload the photo then add it to your post (uhh...as an attachment), it's possible that precisely following those instructions would work for you although they may not for me, or (2) register to Photobucket.com and download the pictures to that per their instructions, where you can also manipulate your photos and have them in an album, then use the url they provide for your photo to post it here "from the internet" (this will all be a slow process at first, so get a cup of coffee), or finally (3) post an inquiry about it in the general discussion section and probably get good info from people there. OR, (4) have your kids figure it out then show you. I resort to that often. Once it gets figured out, it's fun and worth the initial hassle.

Comment

Thanks for the help going to try the photobucket thing. hope that I can do it. But may have to resort to op(4) get the kids to do it and show me. LOL But thanks again

Comment

Photobucket is easier. After uploading pics to Photobucket is just copying and pasting. Of the four choices of links under each pic in Photobucket, you want to use the fourth that says IMG Code. Then just click on it and then right click here where you want the picture and hit "paste".

If you can't do it that way; find a 10 year old to help you.
                Last edited by Scott Liggett; October 24, 2012, 03:32 PM.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Ok Lets see if I got it. A quick wash job before we put her in the shop

Comment

Thanks Loren and Scott. Hey a child can do it. Thats why I couldnt. I hope to keep this updated as I go.We have removed the fenders an hood. to get ready for media blast. Wasnt going to but had a little damage on the fender that is going to have to weld up. Glad I did cause we found approx 15lbs of 30+years of dirt in the valley under the fender. we got all that cleaned out and ready to start the blasting

Comment

now let the games begin.this is a lot of work but will pay off in the end.While the motor an tranny is out.it is going to be slow. I work some crazy hours so have to do this a little at a time.

Comment

Note to self tape off holes and such the sand gets every where. what can I say been a while.Glad I will be doing the interoir too.but I did shoot a little primer on what I got blasted.just to keep the rust away. If any one has any ideas let me know I,m always keeping an open mind.This is about it for now. I have to get ready to go work all week end then I can play more on monday and tue.

Comment

do need some ideas on how to remove the undercoating. It just seems to laugh at my sand blasting. It is taking it off but is really slow.Just though some one might know a better or easier way? OK off to da shower. And Thanks again Loren & Scott. I hope this will keep the fire going. It is hard to stay with it when ya are working by your self. That boy of mine we built him a 79 camero and he has discoverd skirt tails so has no time for ole dad any more.LMAO I was the same when I was young. But he does help some like ya know messing up the shop an such. Again Thanks fo the help guys

Comment

Total sucker for that body style...neighbor had a '74 orange Donahue AMX when I as a wee lad. Keep it rollin.

Comment

Originally posted by cerollins View Post
                              do need some ideas on how to remove the undercoating. It just seems to laugh at my sand blasting. It is taking it off but is really slow.Just though some one might know a better or easier way? OK off to da shower. And Thanks again Loren & Scott. I hope this will keep the fire going. It is hard to stay with it when ya are working by your self. That boy of mine we built him a 79 camero and he has discoverd skirt tails so has no time for ole dad any more.LMAO I was the same when I was young. But he does help some like ya know messing up the shop an such. Again Thanks fo the help guys

Heat and putty knife on the frames and bodies we weld, if undercoated... Keep in mind we derby..so looks not as important, but the best we found was warming it up with the torch and quickly scrape it off.. No need to get it real hot, just enough to make it pliable..

Comment

Working...
                              X