Remy's '83 Imperial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
    ...4100 lbs with a big-block over the linkage doesn't sound like fun in a parking lot, and I still plan on daily driving it.
    must be doubly hard with that chill wind blowing up your skirt.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

It is...because it's frozen. Hey, you wanted to bring up what was underneath the kilt...
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• According to Haley, not much of anything to talk about something about the unmentionables being not much to mention
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 25, 2016, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Been winning ribbons, eh?

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

According to Haley, not much of anything to talk about something about the unmentionables being not much to mention
            Like a stud gerbil in Springtime, my friend.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• There are many smaller power steering pumps out there with remote reservoirs.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• given the picture, I'd bet the location is more then issue then anything else - about the only spot it seems to have room is on the passenger-side above the frame...

Comment

• The initial problem I see is that the stock SB power steering pump is going to sit right where a stock-location oil filter will sit. What I'm wondering is if only the oil filter itself is a problem, and it can be cured with a remote filter, or if the oil pump assembly is going to be in the way as well, which means steering box swap.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	JY run_3.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	1163033Things are stirring. Parts have been bought. Let's just call this "cautiously optimistic" for the moment...no engine or trans for the car in the garage yet, but broken parts are getting fixed.

Comment

• Another 318 puffed to 321?

Comment

sorry to join in on laughing, but...

i daily drive the white vette in my avatar with a 461"
                        and manual steering. i guess being 6 foot 2+
                        and 300lbs+ helps though....

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

sorry to join in on laughing, but...
                          i daily drive the white vette in my avatar with a 461"
                          and manual steering. i guess being 6 foot 2+
                          and 300lbs+ helps though....
                          We call him Sasquatch... He is as big as you! But damn! Does he whine..
                          All in all, a nice fella!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            Another 318 puffed to 321?
                            Not if I can help it.

Comment

• The big-block 727 that I bought with the 400 is gone, traded out for a set of log-type small block manifolds from the early 1970s. Now, to get rid of the 400 itself. Which means driving up to Louisville to actually get the 400. Wonder what it's worth in scrap value...or maybe I should turn that lump into a planter of some kind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                                The big-block 727 that I bought with the 400 is gone, traded out for a set of log-type small block manifolds from the early 1970s. Now, to get rid of the 400 itself. Which means driving up to Louisville to actually get the 400. Wonder what it's worth in scrap value...or maybe I should turn that lump into a planter of some kind.
                                Coffee table. All you need are few brackets front and rear and an appropriately-sized sheet of Lexan. I'd like to take credit for it but a buddy came up with that years ago.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X