No announcement yet.

mike343sharpstick's 69 Javelin project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chafing concerns with the upper radiator hose?

Comment

• There is more than a .25 inch gap between the hose and the brace.

Comment

• I moved the oil fill from the back of the diff to the side. Unfortunately now the fill cap doesn't screw into the plug, I suspect the heat from welding deformed it a bit. I found a used 1-1/4"x12 SAE tap on Ebay for $39.99.

That took longer than expected, so I hadn't gotten to the brake lines yet.
        Last edited by mike343sharpstick; January 27, 2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Tap showed up today, ran it through the hole and all is well! What a relief.
          On to brake lines.

Comment

• hmmm... and update with no pictures....
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Nothing interesting about the rear axle yet that would be picture worthy. I did something strange however, I paid someone else to paint something for me. I did nothing but give the guy the parts, and when I picked it up I gave money. I did no prep work, or anything, crazy.

I had my grill painted by a local restoration shop, When I got the car the grill had been sprayed all black, and was a bit ugly. These things are crazy rare (e.g. expensive) these days, so I didn't want to screw around with it. He fixed a couple missing slats in the grill, and it all came out nice and the correct silver will look much better than the black!
              I also had my super light bumper brackets e-coated as well. Gotta pick up some bumper bolts and get this thing all back together with my new straighter bumper! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1163.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	1007172

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1164.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	1007173

Comment

• that makes you a checkbook racer.... the shame of it all

with that said, putting slats back into grills is not an easy task at all.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  that makes you a checkbook racer.... the shame of it all .
                  But I paid cash
                  Last edited by mike343sharpstick; February 11, 2015, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Looks great Mike. I'm betting it made a huge difference that most folks wont notice cause it's right now.
                    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                    74 Nova Project
                    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                    79 Chevy Truck Project
                    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• It's the things done right, particularly the ones that are out of sight and only you know about, that give the greatest satisfaction and sense of accomplishment. You have to be very pleased with how this car has evolved in your care....20th-century Kenosha muscle for the 21st-century.
                      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

• Started reassembling the front end bits.
                        Notice the new Bracket which runs under the grill between the front fenders ;)

Name:	IMG_1166.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	1010823

Comment

• OOOOO!! Sexy!!!
                          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                          74 Nova Project
                          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                          79 Chevy Truck Project
                          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Getting the front end back together, the newer bumper fits way better than the old one. The refinished brackets and new hardware was nice and easy to assemble. Now with the refinished grill, and the a few other updates a few things I've wanted to improve on the car from when I first got it on the road are done. Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-3.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	573.7 KB
ID:	1012640
                            Having trouble uploading pictures,
                            Last edited by mike343sharpstick; March 1, 2015, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_37220.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	1013119
                              Now that it works, Here is a pic
                              Last edited by mike343sharpstick; March 3, 2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Did some work on the new rear axle today.
                                Pulled the e-brake cables our of the stock AMC axle, and thankfully I'll be able to use them with the Moser brake kit.
                                I put the axle housing in place, bolted on the brake kit, brake hard line, and e-brake cables to make sure there were no surprises. I need to change the brake line T-fitting angle where I have it bolted to the axle, but that's about it.

It's certainly a tight fit with the brake lines, sway bar, pan hard bar brackets, etc. but I think it's all going to work as planned.
                                I'll order the custom braided lines this week, test fit those, then paint the axle and brackets for final assembly.
                                Still saving up for the third member, that's a few bucks!

Name:	image_37373.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	1014249
                                Last edited by mike343sharpstick; March 8, 2015, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X