Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1965 project Old Mobile 442 build

Hi all,
    I stumbled across this forum tonight and was really impressed with the folks and builds. I am working on a garage build myself and wanted to contribute to the forum.

This is what I started with....... dont let it fool you, the 400 had been replaced with a very poor running 330, the frame was in poor condition, the suspension was worn totally out, no air cond etc.

a little more progress

Comment

re

Moving right along...... I wish I could find some nice non pitted body moldings.

Comment

Very nice! Progress is good.

Comment

I really like the 65 Olds. I've seen Jeff Smith's F-85 in person many times and really dig the lines. Lots of great work done yours already.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Nice
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Killer, great looking cars. Love the lines and I have asoft spot for full sized cars...
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Great work! what's the trick with the ball pean while you're tig welding?
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

looks like it is holding up the corner piece he is welding...I thought at first it was a heat absorbtion trick to keep from warping but the hammer head is too far away...plus now that I think about it..that sounds kinda stupid...
                  Last edited by JOES66FURY; June 25, 2012, 09:38 AM.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

re

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                    Great work! what's the trick with the ball pean while you're tig welding?
                    It was indeed just to keep the dash trim piece upright while doing a couple spot welds.

Comment

This has been a pretty fast build, I am adding pictures as fast as I can, we started in mid November 2011, I am really hoping to be driving it this season. I have learned a lot about paint, cutting buffing etc, mainly by trial and error. My first fender well pictures below was taken back down to the metal around 40 times before I really got the hang of it!

Comment

Great job on your Olds. Cant wait to see whats next.

Comment

Originally posted by R442 View Post
                          Great job on your Olds. Cant wait to see whats next.
                          Thanks, that 442 in your avatar looks pretty dang nice! I would love to see more of it!

Comment

Weird..... I usually have no problems seeing pictures, you other guys do.

This thread has it backwards. Looks like everyone else can see it but me? All I'm getting are the infamous RedX's... Boo...

I was really excited to see this car too. Sounds like something I'd like to do with my '66 Special.
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                              Weird..... I usually have no problems seeing pictures, you other guys do.

This thread has it backwards. Looks like everyone else can see it but me? All I'm getting are the infamous RedX's... Boo...

I was really excited to see this car too. Sounds like something I'd like to do with my '66 Special.
                              I had that yesterday, I had to refresh the page about 8 times then they just popped up!

Comment

Working...
                              X