No announcement yet.

1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a 76 Vette. IIRC from my days at the Chevy dealer, the 75 had different lettering and still used the TH400.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

That cars got Boogie Nights Corvette written all over it..

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
        Nope

Can you say Photoshop?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          haters, y'all are just a bunch of haters

honestly, I'm not in love with this style of Corvette because they ride like crap (you sit over the rear axle, so your tush goes up and down at a higher rate than your feet - it's a weird feeling)

And I am planning on getting it done in time for Portland (for those counting - Portland swap meet is April 14-16) - drive it down, park it, sell it. Nice rally wheels, black interior, new paint, new interior and it will go away pretty quickly... maybe even for a premium.
          Now you're talkin! I'll be set up over at PIR.

Comment

Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
            Can you say Photoshop?
            lol, yeah, but its stil awful!
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
              Now you're talkin! I'll be set up over at PIR.
              cool, when it looks like I'll make my deadline, I'll PM you my space number. I figure getting a space at the expo center would be a lesson in futility.

I also plan on being at the Roadster show on Sat. night...
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Yeah I'm planning on going to the roadster show too. Just haven't decided what day or time yet. If we go Sat. night I'll PM you my cell and maybe we can meet up to say hello.
                I'm space 2476 at the race track. I'll have my blue '69 Burb there with parts in the back to sell.
                Last edited by 1946Austin; March 15, 2012, 08:27 AM.

Comment

It's official, I'm going to be at PIR. Don't know the space number (sharing with a friend), but it's right at the turn/back gate/back turn grandstands.

I may take the Buick too, we'll have to see, beside bumpers and starter, I have to reseal the transmission.

Comment

Now that you are real familiar with turbo's, a couple of turbo's on the engine and a little rework of the rear suspension to ride better and it might be a decent ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                      Now that you are real familiar with turbo's, a couple of turbo's on the engine and a little rework of the rear suspension to ride better and it might be a decent ride.
                      the quickest way to poverty selling cars is to build them just like you want them - but oh the temptation to do just that.

Comment

And pictures:

Comment

now I just have to make it go

Comment

You guys will be pretty close to us! We're right at the corner of the turnaround triangle farthest from the tower.
                            Just got home from the roadster show. It was pretty good, but as usual some real crap in the old building too. Wait 'til you see the Cadillac with horns on the hood! Gave me shivers to see something that ugly in a show!

Comment

I totally agree on that caddicrap.... I think ratrod has turned the corner to ratcrap... they were cool when they started because they were old cars in the progress to be something cool. Now, it seems to be who can build the weirdest/unsafest car and make it to the car show.

Ah well, I must be getting old because the only Buick I thought was cool(ish) had a 502 chevrolet in it - and I walked away

Comment

I've really had it with the ratrods that are thrown together and look like it too! I've seen a few that are well bbuilt, well engineered, and well thought out that I still think are OK. I just don't understand all the time and money thrown into a project to try and make it look bad. I also don't like fake patina.

Comment

Working...
                                X