Project Austin street gasser.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
    You should be punished...you best get out there and show her some love or she's gonna get you...and she's gonna get you good...at the worst possible time

My step dad does the same thing..he has a great BB/4spd Biscane, a nice slammed Chevy short bed pick up, his first new car...a mint 30K mike 70 monte carlo and a POS "rat rod" 29 ford sedan, he drives the 29 exclusivly.......offered a fair price on the Biscane cuz its rusting away in the driveway....says he loves it too much....could never sell....
    I'll try to do better this year, or convince my wife that it needs to go away! She's the one who thinks I'll regret selling the Camaro, so she's put her foot down about not selling it!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      nice 'burb.... but there was no Vall said hi to your neighbors.
      Sorry I missed you! I will be over at the Expo tomorrow, and will definitely try to return the visit! I'm PM'ing you my cell number!
      Last edited by 1946Austin; April 13, 2012, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Had a little get together last night at Clackamas Com. College last night. My Austin shared the stage with Ed Iskenderian, and I got a little addition to the dash panel!

Ed had some great stories to tell about hotrodding, and the early years. Learned a lot about his mentor Ed Winfield, and how Isky got into the cam grinding through Winfield. Winfield was a pioneer before Isky, and cut his teeth hotrodding flathead 4 Model T's and later V8's. Ed said that Winfield was the guy who designed the legendary Duntov 30/30 cam that made the smallblock 327 Chev such a viable engine in early Corvettes.
        He told a lot of great stories for over 4 hrs., and kept everyone entertained. Very sharp guy for being 90 yrs. young!
        Last edited by 1946Austin; April 17, 2012, 07:43 AM.

Comment

wish I knew about that - my dad has been hounding me about seeing your car, you were literally 4 miles from him last night

There's a great story about Isky and Winfield (respectively) in ... hmm.. which one as I subscribe to two - Street Rodder (IIRC) magazine... I'd love to meet Isky, he did a cam for a boat I had - talk about awesome sound and stout...
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

He was at the swap meet to promote his get together. It was also on PDX Car Culture, the local listing for car events.
            PDX Car Culture is all about connecting our car community. Connecting car people, artists, businesses, event promoters, and charitable causes in the Portland metropolitan area. Our goal, is to be the first place you visit. Whether you are looking for a car show, cruise-in, someone to buy parts from, or someone to service your vehicle. This site is about you, your ride, our hobby, and our community.

There were only about 90 people, so I guess the word didn't get out to a lot of folks. It was a great time, and room for many more. I had everal friends who I thought were coming, but all didn't show. They missed something very special!

Comment

Three of us took a cruise up the Columbia River Scenic Hwy. Sat. morning. Nice windy roads that lead to a view that's spectacular! The Vista House overlooks the river and sits precariously on the end of a point with a really nice view!

There were lots of tourists from all over the world there, and some Koreans thought the hotrods were great! They spent 10 minutes posing in front of the cars while they took pictures. Wish I'd gotten a shot of them, as it was funny seeing them giggling and taking pics!
              My buddy did get this picture with his cell phone when we first parked:

My tach started shorting out internally, and it caused my engine to misfire. Had to stop and pull the sending wire off the coil. Went out today and got a replacement tach identical to the one in my '71 Camaro. 13 yrs. later and it cost $12 less than I paid back in 1999. Guess they found cheaper labor to make them now!
              Last edited by 1946Austin; April 24, 2012, 07:55 PM.

Comment

I like that road down going down (I bike that most times during the early am in the summer when I'm down there). I've also been known to ride to Hood River from there.

Comment

It is a "must see/drive" for anybody. Especially during fall!

Comment

Those are some spectacular pictures. My tach is slowly dying too. It flickers all over the place when I start up the car. Then settles and works right after a couple minutes.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      I like that road down going down (I bike that most times during the early am in the summer when I'm down there). I've also been known to ride to Hood River from there.
                      I love that road all the way up and down, but the part east of Vista is definitely the best!
                      Do you cross the bridge at Hood River to head back home? I did it once on my motorcycle and what a surprise! That steel grating was scarey with the way it made the bike shimmy and wobble, and the faster I went, the worse it got. I had to putt across at about 10 mph to keep things under control!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        Those are some spectacular pictures. My tach is slowly dying too. It flickers all over the place when I start up the car. Then settles and works right after a couple minutes.
                        Sound like time for a new tach! I've got one of those giant Autometer tachs with shift light if you're car is the type that can use a big tach!
                        Last edited by 1946Austin; April 25, 2012, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
                          I love that road all the way up and down, but the part east of Vista is definitely the best!
                          Do you cross the bridge at Hood River to head back home? I did it once on my motorcycle and what a surprise! That steel grating was scarey with the way it made the bike shimmy and wobble, and the faster I went, the worse it got. I had to putt across at about 10 mph to keep things under control!
                          I've gone across the hood river bridge on my bike once.... never, ever, ever again... and to be clear - bicycle

I used to live in Hood River, and rumor has it that you can get the toll people to haul you across the bridge... how true that is? I have absolutely no idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            I've gone across the hood river bridge on my bike once.... never, ever, ever again... and to be clear - bicycle

I used to live in Hood River, and rumor has it that you can get the toll people to haul you across the bridge... how true that is? I have absolutely no idea.
                            Since I rarely go across the Hood River bridge in anything, I'm not ure about the hauling thing. I'd kinda wonder if they would in today's liability leaning world. They're probably not going to chance getting sued over a free ride.

Comment

• Why don't you have your better half film the ride from Vista House east? Bet that would make an awesome ralaxation video!
                              Sounds, view have to be awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                                Why don't you have your better half film the ride from Vista House east? Bet that would make an awesome ralaxation video!
                                Sounds, view have to be awesome!
                                First I'd have to get her willing to go that far for a ride in it! ;) She's OK riding in the gasser, but he prefers the comfort of the Camaro or the Burb much more!

Comment

Working...
                                X