Project Austin street gasser.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    I'll have to look for you - unless I find a sack full of 100s I won't be doing much more than window shopping this year.... though heaven help me if the Buick sells because then I'll be travelling back to Seattle with an empty trailer.
    Look for the big blue Burb, and I should be close. Whenever I do wander off I leave my phone number there in case someone needs to contact me!-Vall

Comment

my Buick in my avatar will be there - same thing, phone number will be in the window.... I'm still wondering about pricing strategy since I'm leaving Friday afternoon.

Aaron
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'm pricing my stuff to sell asap! Don't want to have to sit around my booth much!

Comment

There was a lot of that going on last weekend at Columbus - lots of cell phone chatter - guys expect it now I think.

Best of luck in your selling. I did good buying last weekend.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Got the 327 back together in the Austin. Did a bonehead rookie mistake and stabbed the distributor off 180 degrees. When she popped it blew the whole tail end off my driver's side muffler!! Once I restabbed the ditributor and got it going I had to pull the muffler and beat/form it back together, then weld it at the seam that opened.
            Thought the neighbors were gonna call the BATF! Several of them came from the other side of the block and said it shook their windows. I know I was deaf for a few seconds myself! Fun stuff!

Comment

it's only a good backfire when you either a) lose eyebrows, or b) blow fragments of the muffler through the closest glass. My best is in one of my old jet boats blowing the glass and the metal (aluminum) out of a screen door... I don't recommend you try this with your home (use your parent's then you'll never be allowed to forget).

I'm leaving earlier than planned tomorrow - I didn't realize I had to load in by 5 pm tomorrow night.... I'll be sure to send up a smoke signal when I get there (watch for the oil smoke coming off the headers).

Comment

I didn't realise you could even load into the Expo on Wed.? I thought it was Thursday, since Expo is Fri. through Sun. The racetrack at PIR lets us load in from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm.

I got a couple of those eyebrow singes before the tailpipe pop, but missed me as I was expecting them!
                Last edited by 1946Austin; April 10, 2012, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Wow this build is ridiculously cool!!!
                  I have been wanting to build a budget car, but its been a while since I've seen a good example to keep my fire lit!
                  This thing is perfect! Nice enough to look at, but not SO perfect you're afraid to drive it!! In some ways I wish you hadn't painted it!!

If you get a chance....have a buddy take a short outside vid of you getting after it.

Are you going to take it to the track for shits and giggles? From the in-cab vid it looks like it scoots along pretty good!
                  You have any idea what it weighs?

I can only imagine what you could come up with if you had a REAL shop!!!
                  Last edited by andy30thz; April 11, 2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

The best backfires leave you looking like Howie Mandel.

This thread makes me want to build something prewar in a terrible way. I keep looking and thinking about it, but it would distract from the GTO... MUST FINISH GTO. This has got to be the coolest build I have seen since the Priaprism.

Comment

Originally posted by andy30thz View Post
                      Wow this build is ridiculously cool!!!
                      I have been wanting to build a budget car, but its been a while since I've seen a good example to keep my fire lit!
                      This thing is perfect! Nice enough to look at, but not SO perfect you're afraid to drive it!! In some ways I wish you hadn't painted it!!

If you get a chance....have a buddy take a short outside vid of you getting after it.

Are you going to take it to the track for shits and giggles? From the in-cab vid it looks like it scoots along pretty good!
                      You have any idea what it weighs?

I can only imagine what you could come up with if you had a REAL shop!!!

Thanks a lot!
                      It weighs just under 2500 lbs. and I will occasionally run it at old nostalgia events like the Billetproof drags. Mostly it's for street fun, and lots of miles cruising! Put over 3,000 miles on it last summer, and hope to put more on this year!
                      Last edited by 1946Austin; April 11, 2012, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                        The best backfires leave you looking like Howie Mandel.

This thread makes me want to build something prewar in a terrible way. I keep looking and thinking about it, but it would distract from the GTO... MUST FINISH GTO. This has got to be the coolest build I have seen since the Priaprism.
                        WEll I could well have looked that way on the first smaller pop that I had to blow out the flames on!
                        I rarely even look at my 427 Camaro anymore. I have owned it for 39 years, and it's like new after a long rebuild, but just not as fun as this little Austin!
                        Last edited by 1946Austin; April 11, 2012, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Send that camaro out this way, I will give it all the love and attention you have have been giving to the austin so it doesn't feel bad. Its a lot of work but I am willing to sacrifice myself to the task
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                            Send that camaro out this way, I will give it all the love and attention you have have been giving to the austin so it doesn't feel bad. Its a lot of work but I am willing to sacrifice myself to the task
                            Probably doesn't need any more lovin', but could use a good run! I only got it out twice last year!
                            Last edited by 1946Austin; April 11, 2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

You should be punished...you best get out there and show her some love or she's gonna get you...and she's gonna get you good...at the worst possible time

My step dad does the same thing..he has a great BB/4spd Biscane, a nice slammed Chevy short bed pick up, his first new car...a mint 30K mike 70 monte carlo and a POS "rat rod" 29 ford sedan, he drives the 29 exclusivly.......offered a fair price on the Biscane cuz its rusting away in the driveway....says he loves it too much....could never sell....
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

nice 'burb.... but there was no Vall said hi to your neighbors.

Comment

Working...
                                X