• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell View Post

Different interpretation....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

yeah, he just told me to get fatter.... some friend he is
      REALLY... I just figured that if you follow your normal course, the results will be Super! A Big Bad Buick V8 is the only Fatter part! (There is no substitute for cubic inches) was the only dimensional increase I was thinking of.... I understand where the reading between the lines may come to mind, but no malice was intended counselor!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Paranoid much, Aaron?

This is gonna be a bad ass ride!

Comment

• Hmmm... and no one knows that a Buick Special is smaller than a Buick Super? boy, I figured that was totally common knowledge.

and for the record, I made the 455 (to 430) smaller, of course, it is still a touch bigger than the 262 that came in it.

Comment

• Would you rather be referred to as "special" or "super"????
            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• my mommy says I'm special

Comment

• some of your friends think you're Super Special!
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• IIRC, it was (from the the top of the line to the lowest of the line) Roadmaster, Super, and Special until 1959. The Super was a Special body with the Roadmaster engine. The Skylark was a special build and was rare, expensive, and not a part of the usual system as described. I never saw a Skylark of that era in the dealership though of course they later used that name for the small Special (based on the Corvair body shell) and later the A-body. Then in 1959 the Tri-Shield became the emblem and the 3 shields stood for LeSabre, Invicta, and Electra - Electra 225 and Wildcat came a bit later. The Wildcat was a LeSabre with the Electra engine, more or less. I never was quite clear what made an Invicta an Invicta though that name only lasted a few years.

Dan

Comment

• Skylark started in 1953 - it looks just like the regular Buick special but it's a convertible.... really rare cars, a friend of my dad has one that I've been in. Dan, you're probably thinking of the Riviera.

Super is larger... and to be honest, I thought they were the same car too until I actually saw two side-by-side about 6 months before I bought mine. It is a bigger car, but they look identical.

for the geeks - there's the facts....

but good grief are they close
                    the Special has a 121" wheelbase
                    the Super 125
                    the Roadmaster 127.
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 30, 2016, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Roadmaster needed the extra length for the extry portholes...

Comment

• and the longer motor

Comment

• Yeah, that would have been the inline flattie eight, right? Thanks for the history lesson...Fascinating!
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• nope, OHV 8.... weights like 800 lbs dry.

History, you say. What else was powered by a Buicks?
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 31, 2016, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• Locomotives
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 31, 2016, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• flexible busses

Comment

Working...
                                X