WOO HOO It lives again!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOO HOO It lives again!!!!

Well with the weather getting nicer and my 74 gone i have been jonesin to get the 66 back on the road!!!! Just a little background on the car....My dad bought this back in 86 or 87 and he and i worked on it and restored it. I was cruising it in high school senior year with a fresh paint job in 92. Was a beautiful car....well teenage stupidity took over and i wanted a toy of my own that i could beat on and take to the track. My dad lost interest in the car and she just sat around for years and years. The past couple of years i have talked about working on her again and i have been collecting some parts it needs but then i always end up buying a new toy and it gets over looked. Well now i am determined to at the very least fix all of the mechanical issues....needs brakes and electrical work and interior......and get her back on the road to at least enjoy some top down driving.

She has had to endure unbelievable torture!!!!!!!

Had this make shift garage set up when i was getting the urge to work on it again

Some pics inside that show the work yet to come. Notice the bolts and other metal parts on the door covered in rust yeayyyyy thank god for fiberglass floors :'(

blurry pic of trailing arm that i have to take apart to replace that bracket that holds the caliper on ughhh

oh and as for the make shift garage i had......well we had a couple nice snow storms and i was stuck inside pretty sick for 3 months and when i was able to venture back out i was looking at this.

So urge to fix once again went away. Until happy happy day after years of working on cars outside and in the dirt driveway we got this!!!!!!!

with my 74 the day i put her in the garage.

There she sat for quite awhile watching me work on the wagon and the 74 and then my dad picked up an Allante that he has always wanted. We had to rearrange the cars so they could all fit and this was the first time that she didn't want to stay running when i started her. Well this weekend we moved the cars around in the garage again and i drained the nasty nasty gas out of her and put some good stuff in and got her fired up and onto the lift to start working. With the fresh gas in her she happily sat there and ran without issue.

pic from yesterday after i pulled her on the lift

My wife and i have been together 10 years and has never even been able to go for a ride in the car I am going to try and stay focused and just chip away at to the point where i can at least get it tagged again. Its hard for me as i get frustrated easily but i think now with a good work environment and support from some car guy forums ;) i'll be able to stay on track!!!! Well sorry for the long post i was just so excited about this weekend and wanted to share with everyone. Hopefully i'll have more updates in the weeks to come

Re: WOO HOO It lives again!!!!

Dude...awesome story and photos!

Where did you get the modular garage from? That's neat!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Amen to that. I saw your modular garage pix in the garage pix thread and thought it was very, very cool.

Keep at it.
      1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

I've gone thru periods where I just don't want to do any car work, so I can relate. It caused me to sell my Alfa Spyder, which I had always wanted - just couldn't face welding it up (it was rusty). But now I'm staying with it on the Camaro and lovin' it, so I'm taking that as a good sign. Hopefully you'll enjoy "The Work" again, too.

Dan

Comment

If nothing else, you've provided me a little modivation to keep working hard in school (even though it sucks). That is what i want my garage to look like someday.

Nice cars and garage.

Comment

Thanks guys. The garage came from the Amish in Lancaster PA. We have a few other sheds from them that have held up very well and it was the best way to get a nice garage at a nice price.

Comment

How many cars can fit in there? Do they have a website?

Comment

Good luck man, neat car and a cool story...

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
                  How many cars can fit in there? Do they have a website?
                  ;D ;D ;D I would find great humor in a Amish Website. They do great work though.

Keep at it and that will one bad little vette.
                  200 mph or bust.......

Comment

We currently have 4 cars and some atvs in there. Here is a link to their site
                    http://mysheds.net/

Ours is 28x40 here are some more pics of it filled up

It sure fills up quick lol. Need to reorganize a lot of stuff out there but still plenty of room for working and keeping em safe

Comment

Never seen a prefab garage before. That looks great!!!! What is the floor made of?

Comment

The floor is wood that is reinforced with extra runners and stuff. we put down the checkerboard linoleum to make it easier to clean when there are spills.

Comment

I think I've seen your wagon before, did you ever have it at GM at Carlisle?

Comment

nah the only carlisle's i ever went to were Corvette ones. I did take it on Power Tour last year

Comment

I wish I had a midyear roadster just sitting around!

Comment

Working...
                              X