1967 Chevy short stepside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1967 Chevy short stepside

Here's a couple of pics of the latest one to follow me home. I had seen this thing in town since I first moved here 6 years ago and then one day it was parked out in front of a shop. I stopped to take a look and ended up trading a '70 K10 and parts for this thing. The way my mind worked was that it would be easierto get rid of this than all the parts I had. Plus, we already have one 67 stepside so this will fit right in. I'll post some before of the outside and interior for now and get the engine snapped tomorrow. Nothing is going to be too drastic, just clean it up, and if I can't sell it than I'll use it as my work vehicle.
    Attached Files
    Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

First thing that needs to be done is the fuel tank, the previous owner had a problem with the tank and bungee corded a 2 gallan tank under the hood and was running it off of that.

Phase 1: I ended up with a new set of Sanderson ceramic coated block hugger headers, so while I wanted some white long tubes, these will be even better. Performer 2101 intake, 1406 carb, either M/T or Edelbrock finned valve covers and a good dose of paint and polish.

Phase 2: 2" drop springs in the front and 4" in the back. Cast aluminum finish hurricane wheels and new BFG Radial T/As. I know they'll be 235/60/15 in the front, but am still deciding on rear size. A good brake job and alignment and that will take care of that.

Phase 3: I bought a Muncie M20 and am going to install it in place of the granny low 4 speed that is in there. The plan is to prep the interior as good as I can and then rattle can it white with new black carpet and a faux black sheepskin seat cover. MAYBE a new steering wheel, but I'm trying to do this super sheap, so that might have to wait.

Phase 4: remove spotlights from both sides and fill the holes there and the 3 in the doors from the old mirrors. Put a correct rear bumper on the rear and then scrub the hell out of the paint and put on a coat of wax. at this point it will be as far as I want to take it. If I end up not being able to sell it at this point then I will install a Classic Air A/C system I have and drive it till the wheels fall off.

Suggestions and advice are always appreciated. So are free parts and money. LOL
    Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

I wonder how that truck would look if you used a flat clear over the paint..... be kind of different/cheap (maybe ugly too )
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Where are you Kik? There is no location in your thingamabober with your name, you never know who on here might be interested if the truck is fairly local.

And what's wrong with the interior paint now that makes you want to rattle-can it white? Some potential buyers might be put off by such a quicky-fix, just making an observation, for now its your truck so do what you want with it. But if you are looking to flip it, perhaps a good scrub-down would be a better idea? Hard to say without seeing the interior.

Good luck!
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I'm telling you, that truck needs to follow ME home!
          Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

Drive out and it can follow you home on your trailer. I'll let it go anytime during the build up.....

Originally posted by HillbillySailor2 View Post
            I'm telling you, that truck needs to follow ME home!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	67engine1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	856662Click image for larger version

Name:	67engine2.jpg
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	856663Click image for larger version

Name:	67engine3.jpg
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	856664Click image for larger version

Name:	67engine4.jpg
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	856665Click image for larger version

Name:	67interior.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	856666Here's a baseline of the interior and engine. The gas can under the hood is what the old owner was using to run it around. Gotta give the guy extra points for the Cal Custom floor pedal though....

Comment

I roped my friend Marc into fixing the fuel line since I blew my hip out at work and can't really crawl or lift more than 5 pounds. As I was dropping it off I realized this truck already has a blazer tank in the rear. Two fuel tanks and the guy was running it off of a gas can. LOL

Comment

Well, it looks like this is going to be a long term relationship rather than summer fling. I just got a smokin deal on these six lug rallys with tires and rotors and calipers, all with about 500 miles on them. So rather than trying to flip it, I'm going to go ahead and make this into a DD with A/C and a few other creature comforts.
                  Attached Files

Comment

and that's how it starts... lol. I wish I could actually sell things some times.

I hate to say it, but I kinda dig the wagon wheels. That reminds me very much of early / mid 80's. You're not gonna go and make it all pretty are you? Grin. I'm sure it will be great either way.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Here's a pic with the 2/4 drop springs installed. The front will be coming down an additional 2.5 with the dropped disc spindles installed. Slowly but surely......
                      Attached Files

Comment

that looks so much better... hard to tell from the picture, the new wheels on it yet?
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          that looks so much better... hard to tell from the picture, the new wheels on it yet?
                          Looks like maybe the front wheels, but I need a bigger pic.
                          Is it a 350?
                          I like it!
                          Originally posted by TC
                          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I'll try it again, the front wheels are on, but once I get the 1.5 blocks on there the 315/50/15 are going to rub, so I took them off for now. So in the end it will be 4.5 in the front and 5.5 in the rear. I wasn't going to get anywhere near this involved, but when you get a new and complete disc brake conversion and dropped spindle set up for 275 shipped, you have to improvise. LOL
                            Attached Files

Comment

A/Fuel, it's a 327 with a granny 4 speed. I picked up a Muncie M20 to put in it's place, but I kep hearing conflicting stories on whether it will have enough first gear to get it moving, so I might have to ditch it and go with a T-10. I figured these trucks were light enough for that not to matter, but my friend swears otherwise. The light at the end of the tunnel is near though, as I'm getting off of this short term disability Monday so I can actually do stuff for myself again. Nothing worse than having time off and the parts sitting there, but not being able to lift more than 5lbs. I could have had this thing DONE in the three months I've been off. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X