• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1967 camaro TVS2300 LS1 Build Thread

Finshed engine pics..

Comment

i'm thinking of going to c5 brakes, and if i do i will need to run 17" rims.. this is a mock-up with some ss wheels i have... i have simulated lowering the front 2" using the jacks as well.. waddayathink?

Comment

Not ls1 related but.. it is from this car.. and this is what to do with non ls1 engines! lol
        Well I cant get rid of the numbers matching engine and trans out of the camaro.. and I dont see myself putting it back in. So I decided to do an "as stock" cosmetic resto and put it in a bar or corner of a game room in my next house.Luckily the previous owner kept the original intake/carb/points dist/valve covers and aircleaner with the car so the need for sourcing of original parts will be a minimum..

How it started

how its been sitting for the last year..

It was a pain to work on so i got some casters and some 2x2 square tubing I had on the shelf..

ta da!

The original script "chevrolet" valvecovers were in suprisingly good shape under about 6 layers of paint..

I stripped them completely bare and primed them..

More cleaning

Pulled the aftermarket intake, to put on the factory cast iron one.. .

This is how its sitting now(it still has the aluminum intake on it in the pic) , I pulled and painted the engine dolly and i pulled and cleand up the engine mounts, I am going to paint behind them and then put it together to get some chevy orange.. .

Comment

Well heres the update with pics,
          primered the covers, that was a mistake..

had to re-strip the covers because the prime caused the engine paint to wrinkle/crack

I took everything down to bare metal if i could..

and the finished product (waiting on a water neck from my dad.. )

Comment

looks great!

Comment

Great build man! Love the car....the blower is bad ass and the best thing is it fits under the flat stock hood!

I wouldn't give my 2 cents but since you asked....I am not diggin' the wheels....the look out of place..but..just my 2 cents...

Killer car man, really! and all done in the garage! got to love it

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Wow! Definitely diggin the blown LS1. My guess is you've got a bit more than $2300 in it now ;D

I think 17's could look great on there, but not those 17's.

Also diggin the 67 Granada Gold with black vinyl roof.
                1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Great build! I have thought of and threatened to do that with my original 67 vert but haven't had the opportunity or the balls to do it. :-\

Comment

nice camaro, and the original engine looks great. I bet it runs and drives great now.
                    Reading , Pa
                    Good Guys rodders rep.
                    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Oh man. Show us how it's done. An entire build thread done in 45 minutes and a bitchin one at that.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

the corvette 17s just do not flow with the car

but man that is a nice build

Comment

Thanks for all the responses!
                          the 17's are there for setting up the stance.. if you look closely you can see a jack peeking out, to get the fender gaps like they look in the pic i need to lower the front about 2.5" and the rear about 1" I like how it looks with the rally wheels, but they dont clear big brakes.. I am thinking about a set of the 17" rallys, but I have got to get my built 4l60e in there before i kill the stocker thats in there.

Comment

yeah , I was going to ask , the 2004r needs some pricey mods to stand up to power
                            looks good

Comment

Good Looking build. you probably dont remember but i saw you on the power tour. you emailed me some videos of my car doin some burnouts in DuQuoin i think. Just wonding if you still had em because i lost the links to em and havent been able to find it again.

Comment

they are still on youtube .. i'll post a link in a little bit...

Comment

Working...
                                X