WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, we've got a few dynojets in the area, they put out pretty numbers :D

I'm also happy knowing that there's more power to be had out of this current engine since we saw the pressure drop in the manifold.
    2000 Firebird
    ●H/C/I●Longtubes●Strano HP7●T56 swapped●

Comment

• Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
      So, long time no posts. Shop had been very busy but I finally got in for a WOT tuning session on their dyno. 247whp/268 ft. lbs. of torque.
      Better than a gran national ......without a turbo !
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Holy shit! That has got to be the worlds most pissed off sounding 3800 I've ever heard...... And I LOVE it haha! The 3800's were always good for low end torque numbers. Hell even the bone stock L36 had 230 pound feet of twist which to be honest isn't anything to sneeze at. You're 7 hp over and 12 lb ft under a bone stock L67 SC so I'd call that a damn good success!

Bill
        Last edited by hemihauler20; February 15, 2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Yup, and since this one originally dyno'd 169hp and 184 tq in stock form, it's pretty solid.
          2000 Firebird

Comment

• Nice jump..

Comment

• wheel hp... those are damn good numbers. Thanks for the Cruella bit, I'll be singing it all day now. lol.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Not bad! You are tenacious, aren't you!
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Just a bit!
                  2000 Firebird

Comment

• Mid 60's Buick V-6 were 160 hp. Not at the wheels, I'm sure. They moved those big cars ok..

Comment

• Nice numbers!!! Amazing what a good cam can do for a 3.8, GM or Ford. Basically a pole when they are stock! you nearly matched the numbers on my supercharged V6 mustang (270/270 through the auto...which blew on that dyno run)

Do you have any headwork? Can't recall.
                      Local person
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
                        Nice numbers!!! Amazing what a good cam can do for a 3.8, GM or Ford. Basically a pole when they are stock! you nearly matched the numbers on my supercharged V6 mustang (270/270 through the auto...which blew on that dyno run)

Do you have any headwork? Can't recall.

Yeah, big valve, race ported heads (originally built for a TT car targeting 1000whp). The intake manifold and throttle body is killing it so we'll see what happens once we can feed the need for the cam and heads.
                        2000 Firebird

Comment

• Finally have the dyno sheet scanned. I'll mess with the intake stuff later, busy with a lot of other things, new job (working two jobs, transitioning out of the old one), about to have a new addition to the family, etc.

2000 Firebird

Comment

• Congrats! Hope all are well and content.

Dan

Comment

• Testing out the induction noise from the intake side. Using an external mic tied into the gopro up front.

Capturing some of the induction noise from the Whisper Lid.
                              2000 Firebird

Comment

• Sounds great to me!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X