Re: The Pontiac OHC Six

Originally posted by Huskinhano
      Originally posted by squirrel
      ya know, if you was married, you'd have a helper around

Randal is already suffering enough :-X

;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Haha. I choose my pains selectively. The good news is, it's a balmy 22*F, I had to take my jacket and hat off :D

Got the engine slid down and lined up. You can see three "rollers" under the sled beneath the engine.

I put a scale there, that's a three foot ruler, so yeah, about a 4 foot drop.

Just needs a tie down and a swift kick in the rear to go ;D

Tomorrow??
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

chicken
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Chicken? This $h!t$ going down tomorrow! :D I had other things to attend to as well, apparently the Jeep's anti-freeze content wasn't sufficient for last night's cold :'(

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
              Haha. I choose my pains selectively. The good news is, it's a balmy 22*F, I had to take my jacket and hat off :D

Got the engine slid down and lined up. You can see three "rollers" under the sled beneath the engine.

I put a scale there, that's a three foot ruler, so yeah, about a 4 foot drop.

Just needs a tie down and a swift kick in the rear to go ;D

Tomorrow??
              You might be a redneck if..........
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Chicken? This $h!t$ going down tomorrow! :D I had other things to attend to as well, apparently the Jeep's anti-freeze content wasn't sufficient for last night's cold :'(
                just giving you shit....

Don't you hate when that happens with the antifreeze? I remember driving my truck to work in the mid 80s not long after I moved down here from tucson, and the engine overheated one chilly morning. radiator was frozen.

My fabulous web page

Comment

LMAO Scott, haha.

Yeah Jim, last time this happened to me was with the Centurion my first winter here (yeah, So. Cal. mix of coolant :P), started the car to warm it up, go out there five or ten minutes later and see the temp gauge at 230*F :o Knew right away what happened. The jeep doesn't have a temp gauge, even the idiot light doesn't work (or it just quits running before the unrepairable damage light comes on :P). Guess I wasn't good down to -9* :-\

Comment

the width of those concrete walls looks about the same as your engine hoist legs.... perhaps there might be a more gentle way to send the motor to the basement?

and doesn't the OHC motor have the same transmission bolt pattern as your Jeep?
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Re: The Pontiac OHC Six

Normally I'd ask what your neighbors think...but I've seen Ely, I know better. I never thought I'd see an engine block on a homemade toboggan, let alone that combination pointed toward an entrance into the house. Dude...I don't even have a smartass comment for that.
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

BuickGuy, two points. One, I don't want to haul the heavy engine hoist out of the basement, certainly would of been easier to get the engine off the stand and onto the pallet it's on. Two, I don't think the hoist legs would clear the cinder blocks, plus the ground is no where near stable enough to support the weight over the nose of the hoist, plus it would only reach about halfway down the stairs and I'd be right where I am today, but half way down. Jeeps use the BOP pattern ???

Ha, even got Bryan tongue tied with this one :D

Comment

Jeeps use the BOP pattern ???
                          .... turbo, OHC, Pontiac motor in a non-descript jeep cherokee.... awesomeness all the way around... I know its adaptable because GM and Jeep used the same transfer case, however, IIRC (rattling around somewhere in the back of my brain) the pattern for the 2.8 jeep is the same as BOP... just a thought
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

nope , it is fwd bolt patters

Comment

A real gearhead would saddle that SOB up and ride it right into the basement. Just sayin'.
                              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

jeep used about 20 different bellhousing bolt patterns over the years. since they got engines from a bunch of different places

My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X