No announcement yet.

Pro Street Hot Rod....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little smoothing on the trunk to match the bottom of the hood!
    Center of the trunk area will be upolystred outer area all smoothed up!
    Heres a few shots just getting started filled and smoothed all the holes and left the factory body seems!
    Once glassed and filled should smooth up quite nicely.

By profleetline at 2011-10-20

By profleetline at 2011-10-23

By profleetline at 2011-10-23
    Last edited by Pro Fleetline; October 23, 2011, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• A lil update All these details and designing and fabricating are fun to do but wow take awhile to make just right!
      I eliminated the big bulky and pretty heavy factory trunk prop, in place went a set of Joes billet super light weight, props.
      Also cut off the factory trunk bump stop mounts and fabbed up a set that has a simple and antique look to them!
      Mounted the rubber mount to theunder side of the trunk and the metal ball will be exposed for a cooler look than just a big rubber mount!
      Also in the middle of smoothing the bottom side of trunk center section will be uplostered.

By profleetline at 2011-11-13

By ProFleetline at 2011-11-13

Comment

• nice now just need hardware..

Comment

• Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
          nice now just need hardware..
          LOL Hardware is no problem all fasteners will be all polished stainless just need to get my body work buttoned up my body man Eric Bee has been awesome in working with me and being patient through all this insanity of building a show/race car.

Comment

• Boxed and smoothed up rear hinges!
            For a lil more strength and cleaner look!

By profleetline at 2011-11-25

Comment

• Lil update!
              Well word of advice never build a custom Hot rod show car! lol I KIIIIIID
              Heres what ive been up to for the past few weeks!

Being i smoothed up the whole under the hood area and door jams and well lets face about everything else on this damn car!
              I just couldnt simply leave the trunk area not welllll smooth aswell lol

So i continued the same look as the jams by removing the body lip that wraps around the doors and trunk lid for a super smooth finish and look to these areas.

Also blocked the mounting pods for the hinges and molded in the mounting rod for the prop hinges to these aswell.
              I'll keep you updated as i go, should be at final blocking of the body soon....

By profleetline at 2011-12-22

Center will have a suede insert

By
              Center will have an suede insert.
              profleetline
              at 2011-12-22
              Last edited by Pro Fleetline; December 22, 2011, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pro Fleetline View Post

By ProFleetline at 2011-10-12
                Wow! just WOW! Inspirational craftmanship.

The stands? 2x4s screwed and glued?
                Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

• Originally posted by mlcraven View Post
                  Wow! just WOW! Inspirational craftmanship.

The stands? 2x4s screwed and glued?
                  Yep screwed and glued!
                  Made them for 23 bucks from lowes!
                  And thanks more to come soon!

Comment

• Do you have any idea what the dry weight is of your car? ... oh yeah, you still do really nice work
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Dont even ask how long it took building and fabbing this front clip, not to mention gapping this hood!

Also built and designed the inner fender wells with no visible mounting bolts only bolts are holding hinges on and even them you can see i counter sunk the mounting points so there up in mounting pod!

Even little detail like the hood bird has a bolt that needs 12" extension to put on from underneath so it looks as if its just sitting there!

Notice back of the hood i boxed the lip in soooo many lil things ive draw up as ideas and then just made them happen, sometimes took a lil longer than i expected but thus the time to build something to look this simple.

By profleetline at 2011-10-12

By profleetline at 2011-08-19

By profleetline at 2011-08-19

Last edited by Pro Fleetline; December 22, 2011, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• You have the patience of Job and the skills of I dunno who. Amazing stuff!
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Thanks again!

Well this car with alllll the trim bells and wistles in 1948 sitting on showroom weighted in at exactly 3,100 lbs basicly 17 lbs more thana 70 sb nova,
                          Plus one major point on this car is i have been real attentive of is the weight in the build as i go along,
                          I mean the engine will be a lil more than the orginal 216 6 cylinder but im thinking not by much with the alumin heads and all the addition aluminum on it,
                          I saved 50 pounds by running these aluminum heads thats a decent amounut off the from end, but also no radio no heater to radio no back seat wheels really light weight etc. pretty anixous to see just how much it does weight, dont think it will be under 3k but should b pretty close if not a tad under orginal weight.
                          Best part is all my buddies think this thing weights 5k lbs lol dont let the curvey body full ya!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                            You have the patience of Job and the skills of I dunno who. Amazing stuff!
                            Thanks again Brian and for the great site to post this ole heap on.

You guys are always the first to get the fresh build photos, i promise before long i will have you some shots with out all this grey stuff on it lol.

Comment

• A lil progress trunks back on...
                              I know it was a lot of work to smooth up the hinges but i think was worth it sorta gives them an aftermarket look but still orinal in style and shape not to mention they'll be alot stronger.

By profleetline at 2012-01-12

Respahed trunk jams and smoothed them up aswell and used a small rubber seal from steel.

Last edited by Pro Fleetline; January 14, 2012, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• I like the trunk holder... and nice work on smoothing the hinges
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X