No announcement yet.

Rebeldryver's '70 Caprice Granny's Luxo-Muscle-Barge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ended up buying the Keith Black hypereutectic pistons with 9.1:1 compression with their rings. About $350. Block is going in tomorrow for machining. I won't loose hardly any horsepower with .4 less compression, but will be able to run shit gasoline. With the old closed chamber heads, I was at 10.25:1. Got tired of compromised tuning and running 91 octane. Didn't loose any power when I changed to the open chamber heads and dropped to 9.2:1 .
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Got a nice shot of my Impala today, figured you might like it, Scott.
      1970 Impala custom coupe tree fiddy/ turbo tree fiddy (Daily road yacht)
      1966 C-10 SWB fleetside tree fiddy figh/ four speed( in pieces)

Comment

• Looks great. I have seen guys paint their rallys black a few times, then stick on the derby style center caps. With the raised white letter tires, they look great and different.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• It might be interesting to change out the emblem in the grille with a Z28 emblem, at least for a while. Make 'em scratch their heads (at least those in the know).

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
            Looks great. I have seen guys paint their rallys black a few times, then stick on the derby style center caps. With the raised white letter tires, they look great and different.
            Thanks Scott, they're actually gunmetal grey but i need to blast them and respray them. They're the original wheels and caps the the car too, trim rings are in the garage they had a habit of falling off the backs.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              It might be interesting to change out the emblem in the grille with a Z28 emblem, at least for a while. Make 'em scratch their heads (at least those in the know).

Dan
              Haha, I'm all for messing with people!!!!! Most people don't know what the car is until they see the Impala name badge on the b pillar....I've heard people call it a Buick before.

Comment

• I got a couple pictures of my 454 block in the block department as it's almost done. It only needs to be washed, cam bearings and freeze plugs installed. This is the great work they do everyday and why I trust my coworkers to do the job. They can take a 45 year old block and make it look new.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Looks awesome bet itll run just as good as it looks

Comment

• Looks like they did a very fine finish on the deck machining. Not like the rough cut factories use to do. I see it cleaned up with a .030 cut. I'm guessing with good ring seal and less oil getting by will take care of some of the detonation. Is the shop putting it back together or are you? It would be really cool to see what the motor would do on the dyno. Nice job!
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Very Nice
                      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                      74 Nova Project
                      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                      79 Chevy Truck Project
                      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                        Looks like they did a very fine finish on the deck machining. Not like the rough cut factories use to do. I see it cleaned up with a .030 cut. I'm guessing with good ring seal and less oil getting by will take care of some of the detonation. Is the shop putting it back together or are you? It would be really cool to see what the motor would do on the dyno. Nice job!

It was pretty close on the bore from the piston slap scratches. But, it worked out. The decks were darn straight to begin with. Only .003 and .004 taken off them. Well under the maximums.

I will do the assembling like I did the first time. I have new standard bearings now, but after the crank polishing I may need to go .001 under on the bearings. We will see. I will do some close measuring before I decide. I will have the crank department measure as well. They are doing the rod resizing, piston install and balancing for me. I am replacing the rod bolts with ARP stuff for extra assurance. I am also studding the mains for a windage tray. Have had them for a while.

I can only wish I could use one of our company's dynos for testing, break in, and horsepower numbers.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Looking good, Scott. Have you decided what bumpstick you're going to use, and other valve train parts

Comment

• I am replacing my Isky cam with a Comp Cam, .552/.555 lift, 230/236 duration @.050, 110* LSA. The Isky worked OK, but I didn't like the dump truck idle. I am reinustalling the recently rebuilt '781' oval port, open chamber heads. I also have Comp roller rockers and 3/8" pushrods.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                              I got a couple pictures of my 454 block in the block department as it's almost done. It only needs to be washed, cam bearings and freeze plugs installed. This is the great work they do everyday and why I trust my coworkers to do the job. They can take a 45 year old block and make it look new.

a little different surroundings with the new gig hey Scott ? going home smelling of 30 weight instead of perfume

Comment

• I mostly work in a cubicle all day on the phones. I have been going in early for a couple hours on the production floor. Mostly working on our industrial engines's stuff. Wiring harnesses, oil pans, and such. They are pretty cool with our special designed parts on many of them. 8.1, 9.3, and 10.3 ltr big block Chevy engines running under full load at 3000 rpm for literally months at a time. The run on propane, natural gas, etc. We use our blocks, heads, forged cranks, forged H beam rods, tall single plane intakes for peanut port heads, coil on plug ignition, our own aluminum valve covers. Cool stuff.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X