• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool!
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• I am going to get a new filter/dryer and expansion valve. I have the new type seals already and the R134 fittings.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Hopefully you have a shop around that will run cleaner through it and then pull a vacuum on it for a while before you charge it - or better yet, let them charge it.

Whenever I have tried to diy the a/c stuff, the results have been less than desirable.

The pressure valve - be sure you have an adjustable one, if possible, so they can tweak the pressures for optimum cooling.

Comment

• Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
          Hopefully you have a shop around that will run cleaner through it and then pull a vacuum on it for a while before you charge it - or better yet, let them charge it.

Whenever I have tried to diy the a/c stuff, the results have been less than desirable.

The pressure valve - be sure you have an adjustable one, if possible, so they can tweak the pressures for optimum cooling.
          I had an old, homemade vacuum pump that an old mechanic made. I left it behind in LA. But, I will have a local shop here do the AC charge.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• A pump like mine sold for $50 on ebay...if you could find one like that, it would pay for itself with one job. but since you're selling the only car you have with AC, that would be a waste of money
            My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              A pump like mine sold for $50 on ebay...if you could find one like that, it would pay for itself with one job. but since you're selling the only car you have with AC, that would be a waste of money

I am in the market for a pump. Can you give me some more details on the pump you have?
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

• I would like to see which one you got. The truck will be getting AC in the future.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• I'm keeping mine, I've had it over 20 years, got it used. Like this one. There are lots of different ones around...

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    I'm keeping mine, I've had it over 20 years, got it used. Like this one. There are lots of different ones around...

I wonder how ancient this MasterCool is, but it still works!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_40846.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	1043409
                    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; July 4, 2015, 07:27 PM.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Mine was an electric motor running a pump by a belt. It was all mounted on a board and wired by a lamp cord. I think I have a pic of it somewhere. Mad I left it behind along with the Caprice's original heads.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• It is up for sale after nearly 14 years from driving it out of a salvage yard.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Best of luck, Scott - though I hate to see it go.

Dan

Comment

• It is necessary to get more done on the Impala and truck. I now have to make excuses to drive one of the cars. I havent driven my truck in two months.
                            Last edited by Scott Liggett; July 29, 2015, 05:33 AM.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• I know what you mean. I STILL haven't dug the 'Stang out of the back of the shop. MUST DO!!!!

Dan

Comment

• Good luck. I hope it goes to a good home, for full asking price so you can do a quality paint job on the Impala.

Comment

Working...
                                X