Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Junk - Castoff material of any sort that can be put to some use. '67 Chevy truck cab frame swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junk - Castoff material of any sort that can be put to some use. '67 Chevy truck cab frame swap

That's the official definition of "junk" as my Readers Digest Great Encyclopedic Dictionary puts it.

Sure fits this project.

This is what I started with on Sunday morning.

Needed to rob 2 crossmembers. Why did GM use rivets instead of bolts?

Next free day, everything gets planted in this 1/2 ton frame.

Last edited by STINEY; December 21, 2015, 08:34 AM.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Re: Junk - Castoff material of any sort that can be put to some use.

LOL! Thought for a minute you were trying to get my attention. I just sold my '70 GMC minus engine and trans to a guy wanting a resto project.

Comment

I prefer to call it recycling....
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

This is almost as good as the Garbage Scow thread :D

Comment

reduce, reuse, recycle...sweet!
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Love the patina ;D
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I love the patina too.

But I hate you. For having such a cool barn to work on stuff in. You suck. ;D ;D ;D ;D
              "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

You're welcome to use it this winter Chad, that's when its the COOLEST! ;D

You'd hate me more if you thought there was a twin to that barn that just stores stuff. Not that there is, or that it's on the same property, and 50 yards from the house..... :-X

Comment

Damn Stiney, I need a dually frame and axle just like that for my '39 project.

Comment

Its yours man, when should I expect you and your trailer? Do I hear a RedBall?

;D

Comment

WI and OH aint that far apart!

that's nothing compared to the trip the javelin made!
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

looks fun
                        some of us just work on customers cars

Comment

id save the ton too... fab two crossmembers and put it back together...
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Stiney - is that a 292 - are you going to run that in the half ton?

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

No, its a 250, but I do have a spare 292 currently residing in a boat.

The Mercruiser 250 developed an 18" crack in the waterjacket when the lift pump in the outdrive went bad, and I swapped in a 292 from a cargo van.

Comment

Working...
                              X