No announcement yet.

65 GTO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess it is growing on me.. That white with blue does look pretty good!

Guess I just sat in too many funky white interiors or ones where the wners were too picky..

Comment

• The paint looks damn good for a driver.

Comment

• That interior is original 1965 vintage grandma fresh hasn't been driven since 1982 vinyl. It was filthy when I got it, but it cleaned up great.

The color does a lot for it, and the pics hide most of the bad stuff. Still, it makes me smile and get all moist in my britches when I look at it.

Comment

• That is the most important part.. Getting a moist spot...

Comment

• blue with white works!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Todd, when you're done with the paint and interior, you should send a couple pictures to the PO.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                Todd, when you're done with the paint and interior, you should send a couple pictures to the PO.

The guy I got it from bought it as a parts car, and he took anything that was good on it. I'll show him on Performance Years, if I can ever remember my password there.

Long day today, doing a bunch of things, mostly imperceptible, but going towards making it a nicer driver, better looking, and yeah getting the bumpers on. Made front arm rests from a slab of maple I cut off a log I used to build my shop. That was kinda fun, they look like they will come out ok. Just something for me, and I don't care if nobody else likes it. Anyway, here's what I got done today, see if you can spot everything.

Comment

• Like it said earlier first page then this current picture.

I would never belive it is the same car
                  Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                  Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• You mean like this?

Comment

• The interior is the impressive one, since none of what was in it when I got it is still in it. I'll take a pic later today since I got the gut done except for the headliner.

Did the alignment yesterday, 3.5 degrees caster, half a degree negative camber, and a 1/16th toe in. Should roll down the highway nice. It has the WS6 TA swaybar under the nose now too, and I'll do the glass/trim tonight or tomorrow. Also trying to get the lights all working, need to ground everything and get it all connected, only did enough to get it started.

Comment

• Focused on the interior today. Proof that not all of my cars are empty inside like my cold black heart. lol... Have the wiring sorted out, mostly, neutral safety and back up lights function, no pins to put a flasher unit in, so I need to figure that one out. All it needs now is windshield, rear glass, the trim around them, and the lights to work. Gotta scrounge a headlight switch, hopefully someone will have one in town... not holding my breath though.

Comment

• Looks great Todd.
                          Do you have rocker moldings for it?

Comment

• Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
                            Looks great Todd.
                            Do you have rocker moldings for it?
                            Yeah, they aren't very shiny, but I don't mind. They're sitting in the 65 post right now, they are a pain to get to fit right, so I have been putting them off even if it would really improve the look of the car.

Ordered the windshield today, and picked up a cheap radio to stuff under the seat. I have a bunch of old stereo stuff, amps, subs, speakers, etc, so I will hide it all throughout the car. Should sound ok, and be loud enough to hear over the exhaust, while not costing me much money and still looking like mostly stock 1965 in there. Put plates and insurance on it too, got a personalized veteran plate, my USAF job code since everything GTO was taken already.

Saw the ex in laws at the grocery store, next time they see me I'll be driving it. ;) Her leaving might have been the best thing to happen to me, second to her being with me for a few years. Life is enjoyable for the first time I can remember, and I have a cool looking GTO to drive this summer.

Comment

• i hope i can get the GA looking half as nice
                              Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• The secret is parts cars.... lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X