Buinicorn the 1964 Skylark wagon sleeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buinicorn the 1964 Skylark wagon sleeper

1964 Buick Skylark, Special. No glass top!!! I'm basking in the new car smell....

this space will be filled soon

plans is put the 455 from the 70 in it along with a turbo 400. dream is a GNX motor or that turbo-flat-crank that I was talking about with a 215 Rover block.... the outside gets paint, the inside gets an indian blanket and rubber mats. The rust is only on the very lower corners of the quarter panels (that's it). Stock hub caps....

oh, did I mention I paid $300 for it? I caught the seller as he was checking brake lights to leave. I convinced him to follow me to my house with it on his trailer. I'm sure Al will be thrilled and Dan Stokes may have a stroke....

I also forgot - the rear end has been rebuilt with 4.10 gears and a posi... has drag-legal studs....
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 21, 2017, 12:09 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Any idea on history, previous engine, etc? Somehow it looks like a V-6 car but who knows? As far as I can tell from the pics it looks like manual steering and brakes which I've never seen in a wagon.

Have Fun! (I would)

Dan

Comment

Love those wagons!

Comment

My first response was to start gushing like a fanboy and tell you how cool and that you always get the coolest toys ......

On second thought , I hate you ........

Really cool car .
        Last edited by Dan Barlow; May 21, 2017, 07:51 PM.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
          My first response was to start gushing like a fanboy and tell you how cool and that you always get the coolest toys ......

On second thought , I hate you ........

You've no idea how much I needed to hear those words today...

Comment

At the risk of brightening your day today:

So you were looking for one of these and it fell into your lap for $300?!?!?!?! I hate you too! (in a good way)

Was the PO headed to the scrap yard with it?
            Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
            74 Nova Project
            66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
            79 Chevy Truck Project
            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

The rest of the narrative. I was leaving the swap meet and started to walk the car corral. The guy who owned it was trying to figure out why his brake lights weren't working and I struck up a conversation because I am interested in a long roof (to the point I even looked at how hard it would be to convert a Malibu wagon - no, just no). He said that he had dropped the price to $350 from $750 but no one wanted it - granted, it was 9:30 am and the swap meet was only just starting to warm up for the day - then the $350 stuck me and I said 3 hundred and fifty? yep was the answer. so we talked for a bit, he said he had the original motor (300 but a one year only aluminum head) and I asked him if he was interested in throwing in the motor and oh, by the way, can you haul it 10 miles south to my house? yes and yes. turns out he didn't have the motor anymore, but the guy he roped into being his brake lights was driving an S10... my thought "I have headers for a v8 swap"... so when we got to my house I asked him if he was interested in swap heads.... for $50 (figured I was getting a deal so I'd share the wealth)... he said yes, the car is mine for $300.

His reason for the cheap price was he didn't want to haul it to scrap. He had driven it for awhile and really liked the car - but his wife wanted a cleanup - so he was looking for someone to give it a good home. Which is even funnier.... he lives kind of in my area, and I saw this car driving several years ago - and wanted to give chase but couldn't.... so happiness happened.

Comment

Great back story! I may have to be a hater as well...
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

love it

Comment

I am a hater too..
                    Had a 66 for years.. Was in process of putting in a SBC when CODE ENFORCEMENT made me move it (before I told them " Fick you, take me to court"
                    Took it to the farm and a fir landed on it and wood rats filled the interior with sticks and bodily waste..
                    Son has a 65 Special his mom drove for years, daughter just bought an all original 66 4 door.. But the wagons are my love!

Comment

Awesome! Wagons unite!!!

Comment

long roof crew cab....cool!
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I may have just bought a GN motor and transmission. Total investment in car plus engine/trans. $700. Motor has 60k miles and a turbo with loose bearings. Now I finally have use for the extra turbos I have

Comment

old school version of this eh? Click image for larger version

Name:	buick-grand-national-station-wagon.jpg
Views:	1426
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1161312
                            Attached Files
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I'll take "Buick wagon that weighs 1000 lbs less for 10 seconds, Alex"

Comment

Working...
                              X