• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

And try to steal it for scrap?!?!

Looking good..

I can see that happening. lol
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I'm still not sure I can go out this door with the rack on (I like to live dangerously)

aw hell, just air down the tires if it doesn't...
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I've run into this problem before - the garage door opener is most of the problem - so if I take the lift arm off, I can roll the door back enough to clear.... if not, I can practice crushing my drain-field pipes again and go out the big door.

what's fun is I'm going to a 35" tire from the 33 that's on it...
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 20, 2017, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• Nice! I was able to get 3" of additional clearance by tweakin the settings and linkage on my opener...
          Last edited by silver_bullet; May 20, 2017, 09:36 AM.
          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• the fundamental flaw in my system is the door opener isn't long enough - but it was free, so I deal with it

Comment

• Can always drive out on rims.

Comment

• Despite the distraction... I did get stuff done
                A vent, installed

and roof rack on... not attached, but on

All this shuffling around is so I can put the 'burb back on the lift and install the batteries and this

there is a slight issue, I think I'm going to have to put a remote fill on it.... we'll see tomorrow.

Comment

• ... Click image for larger version

Name:	home-alon-wow-what-a-hole.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	1159556

But in all seriousness... thanks for the outdoor full shot... looks great!
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Onward

to be completely honest, I have a pathological problem with stuff hanging below the frame - so this may not last.... it'll last though the rally, but in the end I may go with something smaller. And yeah, I know, this is basically an RV with clearance... so perhaps a skid will do.
                    if the tank stays in place, I need to figure out whether it will be a remote fill or a cut in the body....

and 200 lbs more cargo

believe it or not, it should be a nice fit....

tomorrow is going to be a bastard of a day, so we'll see if I actually get these both mounted ...
                    and something random.... why did they install this piece of flat steel?

Comment

• Aftermarket skid rail?
                      Never saw one before and I looked under quite a few of these rigs...

Comment

• Hmmm...I would go a long way, to not have that tank hanging down underneath, incl. a box up into the floor somewhere. The capacity is nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
                          Hmmm...I would go a long way, to not have that tank hanging down underneath, incl. a box up into the floor somewhere. The capacity is nice.

You'd just? how much time do you think I should spend on this? I know that sounds a bit snarky, but it's been a long day - so don't read too much into that... point is at some point I have to weight the benefits

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            I have a pathological problem with stuff hanging below the frame
                            Thought I was being agreeable.

Comment

• A water tank. 10 gallon, soon it gets its home...

but first

battery boxes

The order of events was going to be propane tank - because it really doesn't take much to install (heh) - then finish the battery system. Problem is I'm not in love with the tank hanging down so I moved onto something I know what needs doing and will finish it up. The propane tank doesn't 'have' to be in place by June 16 but the water and electric do as does the shelves, roof mounts, and the bed frame - I can run my camp stove off a propane canister, on the table I've yet to make. I'm leaning towards cutting the floor. If I do, I may also solve what I think is a GM issue with the raised seat pedestal. Why they just didn't make the floor flat from the step to the kick panels is beyond my comprehension - all that lost space, space I can use for comfy semi-truck floatation seats... I digress, at that time I can make a spot for the tank along with the tool wall (Eventually, this will be a 3 door egress suburban with the 4th door opening to a utility box).... anyway, preview of things to come.
                              thanks for watching

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                                Why they just didn't make the floor flat from the step to the kick panels

Uses the same floor as a crew-cab truck, where that's room for the fuel tanks L&R. Now can be sliced flat or is space for other stuff.

If I'm getting to be annoying I can quit...
                                Last edited by Loren; May 25, 2017, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X