No announcement yet.

Great Pumpkin Mustang build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hear the weather is great is Charleston this time of year.

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
      I hear the weather is great is Charleston this time of year.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/driv...rear-ends.html
      It's a great place to visit any time!
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Have your buddy pick it up on his way here and I'll store it 'till you come by and scoop it up! Problem solved (I'm a genus!).

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          Have your buddy pick it up on his way here and I'll store it 'till you come by and scoop it up! Problem solved (I'm a genus!).

Dan

Actually we may both come to pick it up. Then you'll have to guess who's who.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Between the March Meet, a week of yours truly sick as a dog and a week of the wife being sick as a dog (sorry, honey...) not much has been going on with the Mustang. This week has been a return to normal. Which means that for the last half-hour, I've been swearing like a twelve-year-old that doesn't realize his parents can hear him as only modest forward momentum has been made.

Upon returning home from California, where I'd spent a week spoiled with a Jeep Grand Cherokee to tool around in, I got to fling open the garage door and find that the driver's front tire on the Pumpkin had just said, "f**k it" and collapsed dead. Since suspension work and tires were supposed to be a down the road kind of thing, I made the call to find one of the cheap Mexi/Bosnian tire places in town to source a replacement tire that'll last for a little while. Easier said than done...nobody carries 215/65R15s anymore, it seems. Got lucky at one shop, got the tire and got it mounted, out the door, for forty bucks. It's holding air, so that's good. Next acutal work on the car will involve welding the floor up once I get the connectors in.

Moving on to today, it was time to start hacking apart the Explorer to rip it's guts out. This weekend is the first reasonably warm, sunny and dry weekend I've had in a bit, so I wanted to make the most out of it. Which meant that at ten in the morning, the silence of BangShift Mid-West was shattered by me using an impact gun with extreme prejudice. How far did I get? The transmission crossmember is disconnected from the frame, the core support is disconnected, the radiator is out (which took too damn long after trying to figure out the way Ford links the radiator and A/C condenser), the trans cooler is free, the front engine dress that has the A/C compressor and power steering reservoir is loose, and I still can't get close to the damn motor mount bolts. Given that the Ranger frame was never meant to take a V8 from the factory, I knew things would be tight in there, but good lord...

And I paid for my enthusiasm: the phone now has a brand new screen, because that was needed, and just to stab a knife into my happiness, as I was putting it up, the drain plug on the bottom of my compressor's tank broke off while wheeling it back into the shop. I'm now out one air compressor, nowhere close to needing the cherry picker, and ready to punch the truck...except every time I do that, glass shards fall out of random places. I can't wait to have this rolling property depreciation hauled out of here...

Click image for larger version

Name:	17362672_10158268624850184_8154726164394840483_n.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1150431
            Last edited by BangShift McT; March 18, 2017, 04:55 PM.
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• repeat after me "I'm saving money, I'm saving money" ... maybe it'll work for you, someone told me that once and I may have caused him to have a nose bleed with my response.... as I told you before, I'm a Christian because the world does not need evil(er) me.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Cars used to take a dozen hours to part out, now it takes days, and another day, and another day, nets you piles of plastic crap that is useless, nobody wants to buy what's leftover and the whole process sucks. Unfortunately is still the best way to get all the parts you need.

Comment

• 66 Caddy Coupe de Ville.... Half a pickup load of dump stuff..
                  2003 up Crown Vic P71? Whole pickup load goes to the dump per car!!
                  Last edited by Deaf Bob; March 20, 2017, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Ok...enough with shitty weather, enough wind to launch a parked 747 into the air, wind chills that could freeze Cupid's heart, and so on and so forth. The cherry picker of doom is here, and this engine is coming OUT. Place your bets on what the end result of today will be:
                    • McTaggart will find a way to crush his sensitive bits with the transfer case, sparing the world from a mini-me.
                    • The emergency room will look at the X-ray of the hand in question and together come to a consensus: they don't like putting puzzles together.
                    • The last straight body panel on the Exploder will be caved in by the newest anger management patient at the Nashville VA
                    • My next-door neighbor will modify the muzzle for his dog to silence me.
                    • A 302 V8, 4R70W, and transfer case will be sitting outside of a tin can of an Explorer. Yes, this is a far-fetched theory, but...

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• I'm betting on the last straight body panel and the neighbor's muzzle.

Comment

• I'm betting on #5......#4 .....#3 ,2 & 1 .🤓
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Since they are Ferds... Nothing good will happen....

Comment

• Excelsior. F me, I'm exhausted.

Comment

• COUNT YOUR FINGERS I SEE ONE ON THE PICKER CHAIN!

Comment

• Work has been progressing on the Mustang, just not at the speed I'd like. But I have been making progress, especially on the engine. Since the Explorer ran like a champ and didn't have so much as a check engine light, I've just spend the last couple of weeks wire-wheeling the rust off and yesterday, making the engine presentable.

Comment

Working...
                                X