No announcement yet.

squirrel's tiny house-- 1972 Airstream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking Great! I like the "Burb" better! Air suspension on the MK-V??
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

just use the correct trailer hitch (weight distributing hitch was standard equipment on old Airstreams) and it works fine, no sag.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Funny how many do not know of these hitches...
        Is your reciever solid? Mine is..

Comment

I have the Draw-Tite system on the car trailer - works great! Pretty sure Truck really doesn't need it but I have it so I use it and it pulls like the trailer's not even there.

Dan

Comment

I went for a short drive today towing the trailer, with it's new axles, tires, brakes, etc. It works fine. I need to finish a lot of stuff inside now....plumbing, shower, seats, fridge, etc.

My fabulous web page

Comment

We now have working propane, running water (hot and cold), heat, flushable toilet. A bed. Working stove. Some curtains. Still need to get the shower walls figured out and made. I spent the last two nights in the Airstream....
              My fabulous web page

Comment

bathroom is making progress. Need a shower curtain....

My fabulous web page

Comment

No surprise to me but it looks GREAT! I bet you two will have many memories in there (not just the potty - I mean..... never mind......)

Dan

Comment

A curtain on that huge bathroom window would be nice too. Don't want to be scaring the wildlife at the campground.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

There is a blind on the window, it's rolled up in that picture.

I got the shower curtain figured out...a few pieces of aluminum for the rod, and a little trimming,and it's good to go. I even tried it out this morning, after spending another night in the trailer (I was working on it till midnight)

And the solar system seems to be working ok, it's charging around five amps right now, it should get up to ten during the middle of the day in summer (when we probably won't need it much, of course)

Click image for larger version

Name:	bathroom04.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	345.5 KB
ID:	1147263
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

Not sure how I missed this, I love me some vintage Airstream ... great project and perfect size !

Comment

thanks!

Solar system worked great yesterday, got up to 9 amps in the middle of the day. Battery was fully charged by afternoon.

But I found a leak, the dump fitting on the holding tank was not glued properly by the folks who made the tank, apparently. I made a new fitting, and glued it on. I hope it works. What a pain to R&R the tank....although I can only blame myself, since I designed the whole setup

My fabulous web page

Comment

That's going to be a nice little trailer when you're done!
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

thanks!

Getting ready to head out on our first camping trip tomorrow. Going to a small campground that has no hookups, meeting a couple friends there, with their trailers. Maybe I should take pictures?

My fabulous web page

Comment

That would be a yes.........
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X