No announcement yet.

That Fresh LeMon Scent--1959 Edsel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electra 225 would get you most of the way to a Caddy with similar torque and luxury. Just please keep the Buick 455 in it.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      I was thinking 71-74. And maybe another GM brand, full size. Caddys are neat, but hard to find a nice one.

I second this!! Pontiac, Buick, Olds, and Caddy. All easy to find with jumbo engines!!!
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking 71-74. And maybe another GM brand, full size. Caddys are neat, but hard to find a nice one.
        For the prices you like to pay.. Yes.. Kid bought a 74 coupe de ville.. Was a beautiful metalflake green, guy loaned it to his neice and her boyfriend rattle can semi gloss black on it.. Old boy was mad.. Friends with my son's co-worker.. When we stripped it, rust flakes fell from the headliner, floor and trunk.. Seat was still beautiful.. Found lots of bondo on the body under green.. Motor was supposed to be 472 swapped in, ran ok.. Not great, had milkshake for oil.. $600..
        Kid in Forks bought one to derby, nice flame job on it.. Not sure why the guy sold it, but seriously doubt more than $5,6,700 bucks
        The caddies seem to collect water under it's 100's of pounds of insulation.. you won't have that problem...

Comment

Whatchu gonna buy with the money from the "1878" F250? https://sierravista.craigslist.org/cto/5902646223.html

Comment

• I don't know, but I have some ideas. I need to get working on the new Drag Week car, too. Which will probably fill up the two spots in my shop that will be empty once I get the Airstream back outside (which hopefully will be some time this month)

Click image for larger version

Name:	shop05.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	1133833
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• garage door opener? oh you best not show that to your retro friends
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                garage door opener? oh you best not show that to your retro friends
                He's old, door is heavy..

Comment

• I like the 73-77 Pontiac Grand Am. With a 455 and some tweaks would be cool.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

He's old, door is heavy..

maybe he should get a billet door?

Comment

• It's not a matter of being old, or the door being heavy...it's a matter of being lazy. The opener over the Chevy II is only a few years old, too. The others in the shop are from 1993. I get to fix them occasionally, so it's ok.

And I even use a sort of modern computer to post things on this forum. Although the computer keyboard is older than the shop....
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                        I like the 73-77 Pontiac Grand Am. With a 455 and some tweaks would be cool.
                        You mean like this one in Gilbert AZ?

It's cheap and crappy enough for Jim to work on.

Comment

It's not a matter of being old, or the door being heavy...it's a matter of being lazy. The opener over the Chevy II is only a few years old, too. The others in the shop are from 1993. I get to fix them occasionally, so it's ok.

And I even use a sort of modern computer to post things on this forum. Although the computer keyboard is older than the shop....

at least you don't like the modern stuff, so there's that

Comment

• some of it is ok....modern cars, not so much.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

You mean like this one in Gilbert AZ?

It's cheap and crappy enough for Jim to work on.
                              Exactly. Even though I'm a Ford guy I would be so driving that!
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Jim, you do know your Chevy II is in Feburary 17 Hot Rod again on page 31?
                                Tom
                                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                                X