1975 Grand AM 455 the pissed off GrandMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have not bench bleed the master yet just doing mock up for right now

which port on the prop is front brakes and which is rear brakes? this is a disc/disc prop valve

Click image for larger version

Name:	GA71.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1161866

also not sure if this will clear the inner fender now that i have seen other pictures of the under hood of 73-77 a-body but will see hence mock up

if wonder why i think it may not fit this is a booster/MC/prop for a factory 2nd gen WS6 with the rear disc option

Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• ok dumb question time which port is front and rear on the prop valve? top or bottom
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• I thought that the front port on the MS is always the rear brakes and visa-versa but I'm not 100% on that. We'll see what the others say.

Dan

Comment

• edit: i am the dumb

would of had a massive leak if i ran the lines how i though LOL

Name:	GA72.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1161877

Last edited by Mater; June 5, 2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• brake lines came in on got the easy to bend ones will see how they end up looking. i get real OCD when it comes to line and wiring routing

still need to find a line lock with 2 outlet ports

Comment

• score i found weather stripping that will work with the sun roof

keep in mind the only option is either pay 1,000 nor a NOS 50 year old one or fined a used one that is also 50 years old and pray it does not crumble to dust

for $60 i bought weather stripping for a 76 volvo with the solid steel sunroof size is comparable and it looks to be perfect score for me

Comment

• today i spent 4 hours trying to hang a fender

thing is still not on all the way

door still will not open with it on

the ebay hardware kit i got was not labeled so no idea if the bolts are even correct but there in so don't care (i actually do care)

Name:	GA74.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1169924
                Last edited by Mater; August 10, 2017, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• You got the bolts on the bottom, inside the door gap and up top all installed?
                  Gotta have them loose! Then set the fender where you need it and tighten them down

I see your bumper shocks, the ones that you asked about on the other thread WILL WORK!!
                  Have fun!
                  Last edited by Deaf Bob; August 10, 2017, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• yeah every thing is loose even the inner fender

issue i think i am having is the inner fenders are bent. i was able to get the pass side on just find and aligned but i left the inner fender out as a test. so need to see if i am getting hung up on any thing

Comment

• Going to set this down right here for motivation . Not really just happened to see this at a car show in Elizabethtown kentucky a drw weeks back and thought you might likebto see the pics and here is as good a place as any
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• while I posted 5 pics and it only shows 3 , if you click on the 5 square , it will bring every pic up on this tread . Mine will be at the bottom of the page . I cant remember what your plans on the hood , while I seem to remember saying that the shaker would be the way I would go due to the entertainment value , it seems small for that much hood at this point . So now I'm going to say make a NACA duct hood or leave the one you have . The progress on the brakes is great . I just had to run brake lines on a 98 Honda accord for a friend on my wife . both on the back front the full length ! What a pain ! To run them exactly like stock , I would have had to drop the rear subframe to get all the bolts out that held the line claps .Due to the time frame that wasn't possible . So that's been a week and it still bothers me but it does work. Good luck on handing the fender hanging .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• car originally had a NACA/NASA hood. issue is trying to find one that is not as expensive as what i paid for the car LOL

surprised no one is making repops of it

Comment

• update

got a cheap dual quad intake and i have 2 TBI units and a tbi harness for the large body HEI

i have plans

Comment

• so got the pass side more or less good door needs to go rear word a bit but sites nice with the body and does not hit the fender

Name:	GA81.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	1174495

Name:	GA82.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	1174496

with the help of electrical tape got the door to shut nice and easy as well

Name:	GA80.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	1174497

Comment

Working...
                              X