X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's this????

an update?

really?

no actually i really need to get this project moving more and i finally made a decition that has been roadblocking this car for a wile

seat belts

no really trying to find seat belts for a 74-77 with standard buckets is down right impossible as more cars where made with a bench or the nifty swivel buckets. standard buckets pretty rare all together

so after looking through junk more junk and not junk but wrong color like mint green and dyeing it the correct black or white would be impossible started looking for aftermarket

they do not exist. straight up no one makes them. the seat belts are odd in the 74-77 as they have 2 retractors one at the seat base like the lap belts of old and one in the roof. what makes it even more difficult? the lower retractor is also the outer rear seat mount so joys

what i ended up doing is i am using 4th gen f-body. why? they have a roof retractor that bolts into the roof int he same spot as stock. the bottom is just a fixed anchor point though. i am just going to make a seat mount or use different seats as mine are pretty trashed frames are good but foam and skins and the plastic trim is all junk

added bonus? rear seat shoulder belt if i choose to use them (i probably will)

Click image for larger version

Name:	GA69.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1161053

also that 99 GP i bought? lets never mention it again... but i did get some nice dual electric fans form some where no idea how......

they fit perfect going to cut off the electric pigtail form the car

Click image for larger version

Name:	GA70.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	1161054
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• Sweet . I love this car . Glad to see forward progress . Anybody could have put racing harnesses in it but this will be much more enjoyable.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• really did not want harnesses as the car is never going to be fast enough for them
        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• I really like the looks of race belts but not the anchored down can't reach anything predicament.
          Last edited by Dan Barlow; June 4, 2017, 08:36 PM.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• that too even though the car is a factroy radio delete so i am going to hide a head unit in the center console glove box on other control that would have to be reached for would be HVAC

Comment

• whats this more stuff??????

just bought some brake lines for it gonna get my bend on and get them installed so i feel like i am at least making some progress with this car

Comment

• i love, love, LOVE this car......

Comment

• I"ve seem a couple running a round Indy"s east side since the summer is starting to take of . They had the NACA ( I think I said that right ) scoops in the hood not the shaker . Any and every forward progress is a good thing . Important not to get stopped !
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• NACA ducts were in 73 GTO hoods only, weren't they? But may have been an option on the grand am...:http://www.showrods.com/73gto/39.naca_scoops.html
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• the NACA/NASA was any pontiac A-body. my car is suppose to have them according to the option lists i got from PHS (how i found out my car was a factory radio delete)

me finding a NACA/NASA hood is about as possible as me winning a lotto
                      Last edited by Mater; June 4, 2017, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• This is the only Hood like that that I currently haveClick image for larger version

Name:	mygoat1.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	1161727
                        See my build at: www.1932auburnsedan.com

Comment

• Get full access to this domain. Easy, seamless transactions. Zero percent financing available.

^^this site loads slowly, and is not really busy, but might help you to find a hood..

Last edited by V12guy; June 4, 2017, 11:14 PM.
                          See my build at: www.1932auburnsedan.com

Comment

• yeah i am a member there been keeping an eye out

another issue is cost. i am cheap haha. i would rather find a messed up hood no one wants and fix it up or see if some one would make a fiberglass mold of the hood and then just run a glass one and save some weight from this tank

Comment

• I think id cut a hole in a plain hood and put shaker on it .( Like a Can Am ) I always loved watchi g my frieds T/A 's rock .
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• i thought of that

i also have what my grandpa called automotive ADD i get tired of cars after a wile and want something else) and right now i really want to build a cheap LS with a LSA supercharger and have the top intercooler hat stick out the hood

actually because of this wile i am wiring the car i am making the body and engine harness easy to seperate and unplug from each other so that way engine swaps will be easy in the future
                                Last edited by Mater; June 5, 2017, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X