• Show
Clear All

• Triumph GT6

Got a new one...

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

ooh, neat! cool car. whats the plan?
    Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

First, fix it. Then, maybe play with it. But I'd like to get all the original stuff working if I can.

Starting with the clutch, shifter, brakes, and cooling system. Oh, and the fuel system. I put the left rear brake back together...someone had removed the shoes and hardware, which were in a box in the car. I got that back together, and got a little bit of brake pedal action. The clutch m/c was unbolted, just sitting there...I took it apart, one of the rubber cups had dissolved. So I decided I should pull the slave cylinder...which requires removing the seats, carpet, and transmission tunnel cover...and I ought to fix the shifter, while I'm in there. It seems to be missing it's pivot ball. But parts are available, not too expensive.

My fabulous web page

Comment

No comment.....

Comment

Can't be fun to drive like that!

Comment

this is gonna be cool!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Different, Sweet!
              Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
              1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
              1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

thanks!

I ordered some parts last night...water pump, ignition lock cylinder, and rubber parts for the master and slave and wheel cylinders. And a shifter repair kit.

Played around with some of the body things today, fixed the front bumper where the guards were bent, removed the aftermarket bumper guards that run from one side to the other, knocked out a few little dents, and did some test shining on the paint. The paint job looks like a crappy 1970s-80s enamel repaint, with some bodywork done to fix a few dents, and they also removed the TRIUMPH name front and back, and welded up the holes. The paint texture is pretty rough, so just buffing it doesn't do much. I did part of the hood with 600 then 1000 grit, then ran the buffer over it with compound, and polish. Didn't get shiny, but it did start to bring out the red color.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Looking good.. Might not be to your standards..

Comment

I have no problem adjusting my standards to fit the car...
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

That is something different. I see it had Cali 1970's blue and yellow plates.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

yeah, it lived in CA from new till early 90s. Custom plate, 67GT6, was on the front still. Registration slips show it was installed around 1975.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

Waiting for parts to arrive in the mailbox, so I continued messing with cosmetics. I finished the middle part of the "bonnet", sanding with 600, 1000, then 1500, and then using rubbing compound, then glaze. It actually looks pretty good, considering the paint job sucks. If I do the rest of the car like this, it will have nice "patina", and will save me the trouble of having to do all the bodywork and paint it, at least for a while. I also removed the grille so I could sand the black off the raised ribs, which I think is how they were originally finished. At least all the pictures I've found show shiny lines across the grille. I think it'll look fine when it's "finished".

My fabulous web page

Comment

nice work - looks like a mini-Ferrari
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Shiny lines on the grill is definitely the way to go.
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X