No announcement yet.

$2750 Vette 1987

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh , my stinking back is killing me ! I was planing on using today to put the switches back on the steering colume and put the colume back up to the dash but we spent another 8 hrs on the valve covers . Man were they a mess .I think they had primer and silver paint baked on and then the ricer red paint that just gummed up the sand paper .I think we have 20 hrs in them and they still have a brushed finish . Was wanting to polish them but .....yeah , I'm done . We're going to clean them and shoot some clear on them . And get this , guess how were getting all that powderized] paint and aluminum out of the underside and the fins ? IN THE WIFES DISH WASHER !
    Last edited by Dan Barlow; February 1, 2017, 07:58 PM.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Had a small fire on the frivers side converter from oil splash even though I tried to make a couple walls out of aluminum sheet . So I whipped yhese up out of a pair of extra valve covers .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

a small fire? why do you hate Corvettes so much? sheesh, man, we're going to have to start calling you Finnegan.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Ahh . It wasn't much bigger than my thumb. Just didn't want it o really get going . Or start again .
          Last edited by Dan Barlow; May 14, 2017, 09:57 AM.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

It only takes a spark

Comment

The valve cover trick is an old and a good one. Ya done good!

Dan

Comment

It didn't stop me from catching the car on fire one more time . I think we are done with that job though .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Which side? Frontrear side?

Comment

Drivers side , it was shooting one stream over to the brake master cylinder when we had some rpms on it . Then it dripped onto the driver side cat .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Once upon a time there were little clips made to fit over the rockers and plug the oil squirt holes to prevent this. No idea of those are still available but might be worth looking in to. Ebay?

EDIT: Found 'em https://www.summitracing.com/parts/m...FUYjgQodoA4GoA

Dan
                      Last edited by DanStokes; April 3, 2017, 07:39 AM.

Comment

I think I'll just put full coverage on it next time and pay a shop to do it .
                        Last edited by Dan Barlow; April 3, 2017, 09:30 AM.
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Just a note the car is up snd running . We took it for a spin through our large sub division . It is about a 5 mile loop . Car stayed cool after replacing a plug that goes to the temp sensor . We are changing the steering colume out this week as soon as our Ebay purchase arrives.
                          Last edited by Dan Barlow; May 21, 2017, 02:07 PM.
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

So I put the colume in . You'd think that a 92 c 4 steering colume would bolt right it but it seems the bracket holding it to the dash is in about 2 inches off in location . So I made some abapter blocks . Here's some pics .
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Car has been sold for a couple months and hasn't made its way back home . Lucky me .
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

miss it?

Comment

Working...
                                X