X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks GREAT!
    Put a turbo in in and call it The Blue Blew Bird

Comment

I like it the only way I would like it more is with a 400 HP FE motor and a 5 speed!
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

What about a tri power efi set-up?? The heads are huge on the 390 but the manifold ports are tiny... Sadly I think she is going up for sale to help finance the next fun project... the mighty 62 Coupe Deville!
        www.FBthrottlebodies.com
        Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Gonna keep the 390 or 429?
          Or swap in a 500?

Comment

Now that's a good question Bob. The 390 runs like a top, but the siamesed exhaust ports make me cringe. We decided to stick with the 4 spd auto jetaway, complicating things a bit I like the 500 idea, and Ive got a nice EFI set-up for one of those... Don't know if the jetaway can stand the torque. Does a th400 fit on the 500 motor?
            Decisions...
            www.FBthrottlebodies.com
            Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Originally posted by BKBridges View Post
              Now that's a good question Bob. The 390 runs like a top, but the siamesed exhaust ports make me cringe. We decided to stick with the 4 spd auto jetaway, complicating things a bit I like the 500 idea, and Ive got a nice EFI set-up for one of those... Don't know if the jetaway can stand the torque. Does a th400 fit on the 500 motor?
              Decisions...
              I'm no Caddy expert but I'm fairly certain the 500 is late enough to be part of the BOP-C (Buick Oldsmobile Pontiac Cadillac) family of transmission bellhousing engines. Should be able to your TH400 or if you wanted to put some money into it a TH200-4R. The 390 may or may not be a BOP-C, don't know.
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

BOP fits Cadillac

edit 425/472/500 Cadillac
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 28, 2015, 09:27 PM.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

My favorite derby motor before I helped the kid build his 350 chevy was a 500 caddy.. Put it in 7 different cars . Had to change the tranny once.. Used a Buick tranny to replace the broken caddy one. So yes.. Plus I tried to put a manual bell on another 500 using a Buick 225 V-6 bell.. Bolted up, flywheel was too large..
                  I have derbied 2-429's.. Torque was nice, one was so worn, I used 50/50 race gas and diesel.. BUT..the torque of the 500 blows it all out of the water!
                  With the 350, we run 3:73 rear ratio for large tracks, 4:11-4:56 and 4:89's for others.. With the 500, I ran stock rears with 33" mud tires on skinny rims.. It would bite and fly! I always made sure I could only get full throttle opening by the pull cable, not the floor throttle.. To keep from over reving it.

Comment

I want to derby. It sounds like a huge amount of good times!
                    www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                    Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Working...
                    X