Liberty TKO 600 for LSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberty TKO 600 for LSR

I am gathering parts for my LSR project and have looked at a lot of transmissions. After talking to Liberty gears I think I there face plated TKO 600 sounds like a good trans to use, They are saying once face plated they will shift easy even at high rpm's. They can also remove the overdrive gear (the said on drag cars you pick up 2 mph from this) have any of you ran one?

Guys - help me out. There's a trans company in Texas that they swear by. I know Keith went thru a bunch of 'em before he settled on the one I have in mind and it's lasted forever for him and David. Might send him an Email - address is on the ECTA website. I'm running the M-B trans 'cause it fits so I'm no help.

Dan

Comment

My just still has the T5, I just drain the fluid filter out the hunks and pour it back in

I dont know what they are talking about but I hear "them" talking about "Tex101A" "T101A" "Tex T10" hope it helps! Dont for get the build thread!
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

We ran a Jerico Performance 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          Guys - help me out. There's a trans company in Texas that they swear by. I know Keith went thru a bunch of 'em before he settled on the one I have in mind and it's lasted forever for him and David. Might send him an Email - address is on the ECTA website. I'm running the M-B trans 'cause it fits so I'm no help.

Dan
          I think they use a Tex racing t101 based off a t10

Comment

Got my TKO 600 from American Powertrain in Texas
            PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
            1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

Considering I took a tko 600 and turned it into a paper weight with only 650hp i wouldn't recomend it, they have high rpm shifting problems (they consider over 6500rpm). I've been using a tex t101 for 7years and have only had to change the oil in it. You can pick one up used for around $1500 and you can even get custom gear sets. Stick with Jericho, Tex, G-force. While they may be based on a t-10 there is not one stock t-10 part in them. Now if you're not building a fast car say under 175mph you may be ok with a tko, but they are way more expensive so i see it as a waste of cash.

Comment

Thanks Dave. The Tex is the one my poor old brain was trying to pull up.

Dan

Comment

Tex Racing is now owned by G-Force.
                  Joe Timney
                  President-www.delawarechassisworks.com
                  Retired President-www.ecta-lsr.com

Comment

Shop by department, purchase cars, fashion apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, cameras, baby items, and everything else on eBay, the world's online marketplace
                    http://team61racecars.webs.com/

http://baccusent.webs.com/

Comment

Would this work?

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Thats a great buy, But I am still leaning toward a face plated TKO with 5th gear removed. Liberty is saying it is more efficient than the t10 based transmissions and as long as it is face plated will shift at high rpms unlike stock tko's.

Comment

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink...

Comment

Glad you said it, I didn't have the heart.

Spend more get less................
                            There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Thank you for your thoughts, not trying to ask a question and not listen to the answer. We have now found a way to re use a trans all ready in the arsenal at least to start with. I know you guys have more knowledge then me by far and there are many reasons T101 and Jerricos are popular.

Comment

Working...
                              X