Any More Info On The Ohio Half-Mile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any More Info On The Ohio Half-Mile?

Peewee posted that the ECTA is going to a half mile format next year. Is this for sure? Any info would be helpful.

I'm asking because I'm looking at gearing choices for the S-10 and more specifically tire diameter. If we are, indeed, going to a half-mile I might as well keep my short Kumhos (I think they're 22-23 inches) for a more drag-strip-like final drive ratio but if we're staying with the mile I think I'll need taller tires.

Dan

It was said the 1/2 would only be once a year i think in July.

Just like any change there was some grumbling. but others said they would wait to see what its all about. If it increases the runs/hour that would be good.
    Last edited by Russell; October 3, 2014, 01:33 PM.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Great - 2 sets of tars! (Russell is a NC guy so I writ it in NC-ease).

Gee - If we had someone on here who is an ECTA insider maybe he would kick in more details. (Subtle hint.....)

Dan
      Last edited by DanStokes; October 3, 2014, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Great - 2 sets of tars! (Russell is a NC guy so I writ it in NC-ease).

Gee - If we had someone on here who is an ECTA insider maybe he would kick in more details. (Subtle hint.....)

Dan
        ^^^What Russell said. He was there, he heard it, too. July, A half mile experiment. Danged if Red won't be there. Whatever it is.

Not "land speed." Don't know about records and such. Not sanctioned land speed if I listened correctly. One Adam Twelve, see Brian Lohnes. He's driving the boat now.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

That was the target of my subtle hint....

Dan

Comment

'RED' is Big Red Camaro ? RJ Gottlieb and crew.
            http://team61racecars.webs.com/

http://baccusent.webs.com/

Comment

Nope, Red is a Mustang. And yes, Dan, it was announced at the Saturday morning driver'smeeting, July will be a half-mile run. Tonya didn't say whether there will be records kept, or anything like that, but the half-mile run is official.
              Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
              Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Interesting.

Dan

Comment

Ran for the first time at Sept event. I'm interested in the half mile event. Will haft to do some gear changes for that one

Comment

Originally posted by Cdowell1 View Post
                    Ran for the first time at Sept event. I'm interested in the half mile event. Will haft to do some gear changes for that one
                    Remember that you can make some significant "gear ratio" changes with tire diameter. Traction isn't much of an issue for me but there are some short sticky tires available. A LOT easier and cheaper for a temporary gear change for a "let's give this a try" event. You might want to look at the Kumho ECSTAs - speed rated and pretty cheap. My 15's are REALLY short which is why I'm looking for a taller tire for the mile.

Dan

Comment

Thanks for the info Dan. I might try shorter tires some time . But my car has a quickchange in it.

Comment

Cheatin'! (Not really, depending on class). I'm lucky to have a slow change.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Cdowell1 View Post
                          it was nice meeting you in Sept. (My Dad is the one working on the 86) What did your best pass end up being? Welcome to BS!

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Bump for info on the Half. July will be here next week! Need to start getting my junk ready now to make it in July! We need details!

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                              Bump for info on the Half. July will be here next week! Need to start getting my junk ready now to make it in July! We need details!
                              What more details do you think you need ?
                              It's held in Wilmington, Ohio ... it's happening July 11-12 ... it's a half-mile event.

Comment

Working...
                              X