Wanna Go Fast Georgia 1/2 Mile Shootout Photos & Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna Go Fast Georgia 1/2 Mile Shootout Photos & Video

Got a chance to catch the 2nd day of the Wanna Go Fast 1/2 mile shootout today in Clayton, GA. What an awesome event to have right here in my own back yard.

For all of the photos, CLICK HERE

A few of my fav's.

I've got three video's uploaded so far, I've got a big video uploading over night, should be ready in the am.

Red C5 Corvette pass

Orange C5 Corvette pass

Lambo pass
    2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Complete Event Video, 8 minutes long or so.

2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_4 View Post
      Got a chance to catch the 2nd day of the Wanna Go Fast 1/2 mile shootout today in Clayton, GA. What an awesome event to have right here in my own back yard.
      Did you ever get to Maxton, NC while the ECTA was there for many years ?

Comment

Being like I am I find myself asking "what does their safety process look like?" You can get badly hurt in a car w/o proper safety considerations at high speed if there's a SNAFU. Looked to me like there were cars running side by side which also makes me uneasy. A half mile is a long time to run side-by-side at speed.

All that said, I hope all went well and that I'm wrong and they do have good safety standards.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          I find myself asking "what does their safety process look like?"
          Judge for yourself ... here is their Vehicle Technical Inspection Sheet;

Vehicle Inspection Tech Sheet

Assigned Number:
          Vehicle:
          • Year:
          • Make:
          • Model:

Modifications: (Check all those that apply to your vehicle)
          • Nitrous ( )
          • Turbo ( )
          • Supercharger ( )
          • Exhaust Upgrade ( )

Type Of Tires:
          • Slicks ( )
          • Drag Radials ( )
          • High Performance Street Tires ( )

The Following Is Not Permitted:
          • No Fluid Leaks
          • No Bald Tires; Tires Must Be Above Tread Bars.
          • No Loose Items Inside The Vehicle
          • No Cracked Thru Rotors
          • No Warped Rotors
          • No Dirty Brake Fluid

Inspector is in no way liable for the safety and well being of the driver, passengers and other persons who come in contact with inspected vehicle. The inspection is only a guideline and is not an exhausted inspection of the vehicle. The driver is completely liable of his/her own safety and for any person that comes in contact with the vehicle.

By signing below, you accept the above terms and have performed all necessary maintenance to have a safe vehicle to participate at the event.

Comment

Racing Rules and Regulations

• Helmet required (D.O.T. or Snell rated) ten years or newer.
            • Full covered shoe wear required.
            • No shorts, no sandals permitted. All vehicles must have tech inspection form completed, prior to entering Tech lane.
            • All vehicles must go through tech inspection.
            • Convertibles must have factory rollover protection. Please contact us if you are unsure if your car has this option.
            • Only convertibles with a cage & 5 point safety harness will be allowed to run top down if participant chooses.
            • Alternative fuels to gasoline and diesel must be reported to our crew, for submission to rescue personnel. Example: Methanol, Alcohol, Nitrous, etc.
            • Your vehicle assigned number must be visible at the top center of your windshield right in front of your rearview mirror.

Comment

I think I'll stick to the ECTA. Thanks to Joe, Keith and their ladies!

Dan

Comment

A half mile drag race is essentially what this is. Racers will 'do' things in a side by side race, that they would not in a solo run. Personally, I'll be shying away from this type event ........
                http://team61racecars.webs.com/

http://baccusent.webs.com/

Comment

PRIME example of my above post.....no one backed off.....some other 'issues' also...how many can you spot ?

http://team61racecars.webs.com/

http://baccusent.webs.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X