Are the 2014 dates set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the 2014 dates set

And if so, is the site that got hacked back without issues before I hunt around it..
    Might try to get to one in ohio (not sure that the other venues are) depending if the weeks they are are clear weeks on the '14 vacation calander at work..
    that works by who has the most seniority gets first dibs on weeks and some work with you if you need a week they were planning and some don't. luck for me I'm might high up that list but there are 2 with 30+ years and both don't work with you, and if they know you "need" that week they pull the a-h move and take that week.
    I haven't gone to the ECTA site yet as I don't want computer problems..
    p.s. doctors orders to get back to the hobby I love to get my state of mind in a happier place, win,win, Honey, doctors orders
    "when I get high, I get high on speed, talk kinda funny, kinda drug for me, kickstart my heart"
    Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; September 30, 2013, 06:22 AM.

All of the meets are in Wilmington, OH. and there are 4 per year. It's very difficult to find a venue that can host these events and we were darn lucky to find Wilmington.

There is no seniority system. Meets are limited to 175 entrants, first come first served. Generally the schedule goes up around the first of the year - Joe usually posts here when the schedule is set. The April meet is generally the most crowded as it's the HRM Top Speed Challenge as well as our normal events. Any entries received after the 175 slots are filled go on a waiting list and they'll call those on the list when they get any drop-outs.

As far as the vacation calendar at your work........ can't help you there! But good luck on that.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      All of the meets are in Wilmington, OH. and there are 4 per year. It's very difficult to find a venue that can host these events and we were darn lucky to find Wilmington.

There is no seniority system. Meets are limited to 175 entrants, first come first served. Generally the schedule goes up around the first of the year - Joe usually posts here when the schedule is set. The April meet is generally the most crowded as it's the HRM Top Speed Challenge as well as our normal events. Any entries received after the 175 slots are filled go on a waiting list and they'll call those on the list when they get any drop-outs.

As far as the vacation calendar at your work........ can't help you there! But good luck on that.

Dan
      no dan the seniority I was talking about was for getting vaca time from work.. even tho. I because of 26 years(2014) only have to deal with 2 other guys that could bump me out of a week I want (and they will if they know anyone really,really wants that week. I try to put my vaca on the calander early so the lower guys can pick weeks that don't over lap. as I hate to wait to post my weeks and someone else to post the week I want and then bump them out of it.. I try not to do that. and by posting my vaca weeks as early as possible I don't get myself into that problem.. of having to ask to swap and if they say no, then bump them from that week, tho. I can bump people I try not to. as that sucks, I've had it done to me, so I try not to do it to others if I can help it.. and posting early, keeps me from that cluster f. as they know they have less years in and are s.o.l. but if I don't need a week I post and they ask I'll move it and let them have it.. that's why I was looking for the '14 dates as the vaca calander will get passed around early next month.. and earlybird gets the worm .. Can always volunteer if I was not one of the 175
      Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; September 30, 2013, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Joe announced the dates yesterday.

This is the place for all topics related to Bonneville, El Mirage, Maxton, The Texas Mile, and even some open-road talk

Comment

got it, thanks for posting it..
          now to buy a rulebook and see what I'll need and what vehicle to try this with.. like to use the c-10 as that force my to have it done way before the power tour, but at the same time that means, it'll go from 350 and race it, and want more and then build the 489 and make it a gas hog, or use the monte SS and feed the bug with that.. and that be cool, but puts 2 vehicles on the get it done plate. what to do.. what to do.. sometimes I think it be easier with only one project/hobby vehicle.. And that's my plan for the c-10 just make it a nice seasonal daily driver, but I never can leave thinks be. and if I race it in any form, it'll get project creep. thanks again for the dates tho.. big help with planning.. even if I have to go to the first few as just a helper, and watching..

Comment

Right from the website:

2014 Schedule
            Posted on October 1, 2013

We are pleased to announce our 2014 Schedule

May 3-4

June 7-8

July 12-13

September 27-28

Please note that we have moved the season opener to May hoping for more favorable weather!
            Joe Timney
            President-www.delawarechassisworks.com
            Retired President-www.ecta-lsr.com

Comment

Working...
            X