So how bright do you have to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how bright do you have to be?

Just thought I'd mention putting a Video of a vehicle exceeding it's speed by 35mph on youtube and then posting it up on the face book page.....

Hmmmm

NTFB. Fill in the letters but the "B" stands for "Bright". Clearly this person never wants to race with the ECTA ever again in his/her (betting it was a guy) lifetime.

Dan

Comment

I don't do FB so it would have snuck right by me.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

When I was swapping emails with Tonya getting signed up she typed (or was it a phone call?)...or anyhow, she said if you go 140 Keith just might throw you out.

I went through the time trap on the second run and saw 138 on the GPS. I really grinned inside that helmet. When I got around to the time tent, the ticket said 139+. I gasped. Dayum! That was close...close to trouble I sure don't want.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

lets see no integrty,not bright at all,Im not impressed with the car or the driver.

Comment

I had seen a post on the Supra forums about the guys talking about running this. The prevailing thought was to run a top number then get thrown out of the track. At least one person with some sense told them that running 200mph isn't a joke...
            Powertour off/on since 2002
            sigpic

Comment

If they want to do that they should go to the Texas track. That's not meant as a put-down of the Texas program but they simply aren't as careful safety-wise as ECTA and have allowed a lot of vehicles to run that would not have met our requirements. So it's a matter of taking the car to the right track. Personally, I wouldn't do it.

Dan

Comment

Well, when you look at it....from my one and only experience, running a car that will run at all on an airport runway is truly a unique experience. Relax and let 'er rip, no worries. Let's once and for all see what it'll do.

From Keith's standpoint and the bound safety responsibility of ECTA, how do you defend against the one-and-out guy? The guy on vacation with a 2013 Shelby that is safety rated at 135 because of the factory seat belt, but it'll go...God knows what, and he's there to find out and doesn't give a crap about being banned because he's never coming back again.

How do you defend against that? I wouldn't do it because deep down under I'm an understanding the rules guy. But that other guy is out there. How do you defend against that when you're trying to put on a safe event?
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Peewee, we see that a lot at the dragstrip, too. I was chatting with Keith a couple weeks ago about a guy who came to our dragstrip and ran a mid 9-second pass without any of the necessary safety equipment or certifications. It just rubs me the wrong way that people endanger not only themselves and other participants, but the sport as a whole.

To operate a racetrack, you have to have insurance. For insurance companies to cover the track, the track has to enforce a recognized set of rules. Failure to enforce the rules can result in the insurance companies dropping their coverage. No coverage means no racetrack....

Ron
                  It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Video of the run, or video of the guy after you got done with him?
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

If you want to go play in someone's back yard, you have to follow his rules.

Comment

I assume we are talking about the black Bentley. ( I had one once but it was a cocker spaniel ) With probably 30 air bags in the car he was likely the safest driver there but, that's not the point. Yeah I really don't think he has any intention of coming back.
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Rules are there to enforce safety not just for the Racer, Its there to keep everyone safe. If you show up with a Bad Ass Car that Has buckets of cash in it. Man up and join the crowd and be proud when you lay down a good number.

Comment

I left my Bentley at home so I wouldn't be tempted to do this myself.

Yeah, right.........

Dan

Comment

Please direct me to 'the' FB page you speak of...unless it is a private one that is. Thanks
                              http://team61racecars.webs.com/

http://baccusent.webs.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X