No announcement yet.

Why is there never enough time/ The Ohio mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice setup ! Love seeing in-progress shots !
    Are you going to be pulling the turbo intake through the radiator ? If so, think 'pre heated'...you might want to rethink the intake source. I'm N/A and pulling my air in through my H/L openings through a ram air system. Good clean air there. That is why my air dam is actually behind the front of the body. I looked at running right off the leading edge of the front bumper but decided the air flow would be disturbed too much for a clean air flow directly into the H/L rams.
    http://team61racecars.webs.com/

http://baccusent.webs.com/

Comment

Not pulling through the radiator. Plan to block most of the grill and duct the air to the turbo somehow if there is time.

Comment

C'mon wheres the updates people? lol
        Last edited by JoeyG; April 7, 2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

x2

Comment

Making progress, I think it will be running in time. Set the new engine in a few days ago. Need to finish the cooling system plumbing and re do some wiring. Hope to test fire this week or next.

Comment

Damn thats a cool looking setup

Comment

That is an awesome looking build you have going on there.

Comment

As an update on my junk. Just installed the motor and trans, have to wire and plumb the car, then rewire some things that are being updated or back dated, then retune the car (going back to gas for awile),maybe head to the drag strip for a little testing, possibly beat on it a little on the dyno to see where I am at hp wise at the lower power levels I will be running for the next couple of races. Oh ya also have to rework ome of the ground effects for the smoother pavement.

Comment

So your saying like 2-2.5 days until completion?

Comment

Originally posted by 1 fast evo 2 View Post
                      As an update on my junk. Just installed the motor and trans, have to wire and plumb the car, then rewire some things that are being updated or back dated, then retune the car (going back to gas for awile),maybe head to the drag strip for a little testing, possibly beat on it a little on the dyno to see where I am at hp wise at the lower power levels I will be running for the next couple of races. Oh ya also have to rework ome of the ground effects for the smoother pavement.
                      Mike, the first time I ran Maxton, you went 237 rigth behind me - I couldn't figure out what I had done to fire up the crowd........you MADE A GREAT RUN!!!The Geezers can't wait to see you in Ohio!!!! We're off the dyno and in the car - check with Brian for details.
                      Our Best To You

Geo Turner

Comment

Can't wait to see the Evo back in action. Really dig that car.
                        Just hoping my big cube, big turbo turd will be running and hold together a full mile let alone run within 70mph of what that little 4 Popper can.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Joey probably more like 3 days. lol

The car has been running since monday, most of the rewiring is done. Need to finish the wiring and reinstall the intercooler, then switch fuels/ get the car tuned , then tested.

Comment

Times ticking down, anybody else ready to go?

Comment

As ready as I'm gonna be. But I have something to drive down the track and a class to put it in.

Dan

Comment

Dan, just don't forget there is a whole new book of open records to set

Comment

Working...
                                X