• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is there never enough time/ The Ohio mile

Damn thats a cool looking setup

Comment

That is an awesome looking build you have going on there.

Comment

As an update on my junk. Just installed the motor and trans, have to wire and plumb the car, then rewire some things that are being updated or back dated, then retune the car (going back to gas for awile),maybe head to the drag strip for a little testing, possibly beat on it a little on the dyno to see where I am at hp wise at the lower power levels I will be running for the next couple of races. Oh ya also have to rework ome of the ground effects for the smoother pavement.

Comment

So your saying like 2-2.5 days until completion?

Comment

As an update on my junk. Just installed the motor and trans, have to wire and plumb the car, then rewire some things that are being updated or back dated, then retune the car (going back to gas for awile),maybe head to the drag strip for a little testing, possibly beat on it a little on the dyno to see where I am at hp wise at the lower power levels I will be running for the next couple of races. Oh ya also have to rework ome of the ground effects for the smoother pavement.
            Mike, the first time I ran Maxton, you went 237 rigth behind me - I couldn't figure out what I had done to fire up the crowd........you MADE A GREAT RUN!!!The Geezers can't wait to see you in Ohio!!!! We're off the dyno and in the car - check with Brian for details.
            Our Best To You

Geo Turner

Comment

Can't wait to see the Evo back in action. Really dig that car.
              Just hoping my big cube, big turbo turd will be running and hold together a full mile let alone run within 70mph of what that little 4 Popper can.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Joey probably more like 3 days. lol

The car has been running since monday, most of the rewiring is done. Need to finish the wiring and reinstall the intercooler, then switch fuels/ get the car tuned , then tested.

Comment

Times ticking down, anybody else ready to go?

Comment

As ready as I'm gonna be. But I have something to drive down the track and a class to put it in.

Dan

Comment

Dan, just don't forget there is a whole new book of open records to set

Comment

Yep. That's why I'm not sayin' too much (which is hard for me). If someone else shows up I'm a gonner - hope they'll let me run first.

Dan

Comment

Made smoke a few days ago. Had a leaking freeze plug that is replaced now. Still lots to finish but looks like it will at least make it to the start line.

Click pic for video

Comment

Yahoo! The stealthluxobomber lives!
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

That is awesome loking and sounding at idle

Comment

Well the car runs, the wiring is done, the intercooler is back in, it's back on gas and has a partial tune.
                                But as usual took a step backwards yesterday, as I was doing a little tuning by the shop I pulled over and was idling(sp) while workin on the comp. the f'n electric water pump locked up on me once again. New pump should be here today then back to tuning. I will probably hit the dyno or dragstrip this weekend.

I hope everyone else is doing well with there cars as I want to see everyone at " THE RACES".

Mike Reichen

Comment

Well the car runs, the wiring is done, the intercooler is back in, it's back on gas and has a partial tune.
                                  But as usual took a step backwards yesterday, as I was doing a little tuning by the shop I pulled over and was idling(sp) while workin on the comp. the f'n electric water pump locked up on me once again. New pump should be here today then back to tuning. I will probably hit the dyno or dragstrip this weekend.

I hope everyone else is doing well with there cars as I want to see everyone at " THE RACES".

Mike Reichen
                                  We're on the chassis dyno on Friday. At the drag strip on Sunday. Ready to go! Are you at the Wilmington Inn? Looking forward to it.

Geo

Comment

Yes sir, Wilmington Inn. I don't know if I will be there thursday or friday, prob. friday.
                                    I still have to chassis dyno and get to the drag strip to do a couple of pull.
                                    Last edited by 1 fast evo 2; April 19th, 2012, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Great progress - inspirational! Nice work!
                                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Made smoke a few days ago. Had a leaking freeze plug that is replaced now. Still lots to finish but looks like it will at least make it to the start line.
                                        Its alive!!!

Thinking of DragWeek this year Sean? Or next? Lots of variables like the rest of us I suppose, just wondering if it was on the radar screen at some point?
                                        Whether you can or can't, you are usually right.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like everyone is pulling it together. April is to get a baseline (like I usually do) so not much to do. June will be a bit more intense.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                          X