What tire & wheel size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tire & wheel size

What size wheel and tire should I use, its a tank and need to go 240ish. I need dimensions for design work, thanks.
    A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

How much horsepower you gonna have, what tranny you gonna use, what is the rear gear ratio, etc ?

Comment

Steve (as usual) tree'd me.

Really, you need to work backwards at this. Decide on a target top speed (looks like you're thinking 240 +/-) then hit on a desired max engine RPM (I'm stuck with about 5100 RPM on the Diesel). From there on it's math - and HP. You'll need tire roll-out (circumference factoring tire deflection) then determine final drive ratio. Tires, sadly, are to some extent limited to what's available - there are only so many OD's being made. I ended up with 28" tall drag radials with a decent mixture of diameter (essentially, a lower gear ratio) and speed rating but they're considerably wider than really needed though at Wilmington that was helpful.

Dr. Mayfield has pretty good calculators that are on Landracing.com the last time I looked. You'll need an estimate of the frontal area and other bits of data but there are on-line sources to help with that, too.

Dan

Comment

A tank Lakester is not difficult and has been done over and over again. Lots of the information you are asking us about here, is already on landracing.com ... we are trying to help you here ... go to landracing.com

Comment

OJ, call me at my shop, Delaware Chassis Works, 9 to 4 daily. We build all types of drag, hot rod but our specialty is LSR cars and bikes. We are dealers for all the parts to build and race. We would be glad to help you our with your questions...sometimes we even know the answers. Joe
          Joe Timney
          President-www.delawarechassisworks.com
          Retired President-www.ecta-lsr.com

Comment

OJ, call me at my shop, Delaware Chassis Works, 9 to 4 daily. We build all types of drag, hot rod but our specialty is LSR cars and bikes. We are dealers for all the parts to build and race. We would be glad to help you our with your questions...sometimes we even know the answers. Joe
            Joe Timney
            President-www.delawarechassisworks.com
            Retired President-www.ecta-lsr.com

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Timney. View Post
              Will do Joe, looking forward to it. Oj

Comment

Hey Joe. Oj is the real deal. I was at his shop for a clinic/gathering and was blown away by the cool stuff going on there. Kind of like the vibe in the old side of your shop.

Steve
                Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Originally posted by rightpedal View Post
                  Hey Joe. Oj is the real deal. I was at his shop for a clinic/gathering and was blown away by the cool stuff going on there. Kind of like the vibe in the old side of your shop.

Steve

Thanks for the endorsement Steve, I remember you at at least one of our 'gatherings'. Joe may not recall but he and I spoke at length about getting him out to speak about LSR but I decided against continuing the gatherings. They were memorable for sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X