Aerodynamics expert help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerodynamics expert help needed.

I am beginning the design work for my tank and would like an experts advice on technical issues and materials used, like strut tubing for front axle and if 'yes' then should it be canted? I'll do the design work in autocad and will be able to provide hard copy for study.
    Thanks, Oj
    A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Oh man - WAY above my skill level. You need somebody who knows something. Remember the A2 tunnel is available for not a stupid amount of money so you can check your design once it's prototyped. And really, the stuff you can do is pretty limited by the rules but things like the axle material shape is probably within the scope of the rules.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by oj View Post
      I am beginning the design work for my tank and would like an experts advice on technical issues and materials used, like strut tubing for front axle and should it be canted?
      I don't usually steer people away from our site, but the technical level of you questions is beyond our scope and suggest you do some research here => http://www.landracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Oh man - WAY above my skill level. You need somebody who knows something. Remember the A2 tunnel is available for not a stupid amount of money so you can check your design once it's prototyped. And really, the stuff you can do is pretty limited by the rules but things like the axle material shape is probably within the scope of the rules.

Dan
        I read the article that accompanied the tank you spoke of. The wind tunnel results impressed me to no end, I realized how far over my head this stuff can be. UnkUnk stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

I don't usually steer people away from our site, but the technical level of you questions is beyond our scope and suggest you do some research here => http://www.landracing.com

Thanks, I've been there and still trying to figure it out.

Comment

It will overwhelm one very quickly with feelings of inadequacies ....

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
              It will overwhelm one very quickly with feelings of inadequacies ....
              Thats the feelings I get after visiting a planetarium.

Comment

Originally posted by oj View Post
                Thats the feelings I get after visiting a planetarium.
                Land Speed Racing is exactly like that, only different. I once asked Keith Turk what it took to get into the 200 MPH Club, to which he replied without missing a beat; "More horsepower than you think and more money than you've got" !

Turns out he was right ...

Comment

Working...
                X