No announcement yet.

What class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My name is Chris. My family has been going to speedweek for over a decade. Last year (2016) was the first year we had our own car out there. 4 of us made licensing runs. It was a great time. We are Blue Goose Racing running a lakester under the number 409. We have a D/GL. That is a D class lakester. It is running a naturally aspirated SBC 305 Ci. We made a few small mistakes on our first trip to Bonneville with this car, but we made plenty of runs and had a fantastic time. We learned from our mistakes and plan to continue to learn. We are ready to head there this summer. We'll be there for speed week. We live in Lansing Michigan, so we plan to attend the Ohio mile. We had nothing but disaster there last year. Thankfully it happened in Ohio instead of Utah. Message me if you are near michigan and have questions. I'd be happy to help you figure out which class a certain type of vehicle would fall in to. Somebody else recommended getting a rule book. They are 100% correct. If you have any interest in LSR, you should get a rule book. It will be one of the most valuable things to help you in your quest towards high speeds, or just understanding LSR. The book not only explains all the rules, but it tells you everything you could want to know about technical specs of any class of LSR vehicle (cars and motorcycles), and it also gives you a listing of the current records in every single class (plus it tells you who set the records, which will help you to see what kind of competition you might be facing).
    On a side note, we have a classic dragster chassis for sale. Cheap. It will not work at bonneville. We used it to build a bonneville car, but rules changed. It does not have correct diameter roll cage now. However, it can be used for many other things. If anybody knows somebody who could use it, I'd let it go for MUCH less than what it is worth. It just needs a new home. Thanks!
    Last edited by TugBoat123; May 6, 2017, 02:35 AM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Hi Chris. Good to have you on the forum. However, you've made a major error. As I frequently point out to newbies many of us are only slightly literate so we NEED PICS!!!!!!

Please post some shots of the car so we can all OOH and AHHH.

BTW - I'm the guy with the mint green over black early S-10 with the Mercedes Diesel - 5678 F/DT

Dan

Comment

Our car in the pits at SpeedWeek 2016. If you click on the photos, they will appear in their correct orientation.
        Last edited by TugBoat123; May 6, 2017, 09:20 PM.

Comment

June 2016. Some of the guys working on the car. Duane Cole (owner of the DC Waterjet car) flew into Michigan from Nevada to help us get the car ready for the Ohio Mile. His expertise was invaluable. Thanks, as always, To Duane and the Waterjet team. Great group of guys. They ushered us into the LSR world.

Comment

That looks familiar! Though the pics are still sideways..... (I have to turn mine in my iPhotos app).

Dan

Comment

Where can I see some pictures of your S-10 salt buggy?

Comment

No salt! I volunteer at Bonneville but run at the ECTA. I'm too old to want to do the post-run cleanup.

My thread is in "Project Cars", "Dan's New (sorta) LSR Project" or something like that - I should have picked a shorter title. I'll see if I can can find a never-before posted pic - the format won't let you repost a pic. Here goes.......

At the finish line in Ohio (RIP)

Click image for larger version

Name:	getPart-1.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	495.1 KB
ID:	1156947

Just for fun: Note the rear emblem - just for ballast!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1072.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	329.2 KB
ID:	1156948

Dan

Comment

LOL! I love the Merc badge. I will personally buy you another one if you use it to replace the Chevy emblem on the front grill. It would be awesome!!! What would you call that truck anyways? It's a mix between a Chevrolet and a Mercedes... A Merchevy? A Chevroledes? The German hillbilly?
                  Last edited by TugBoat123; May 8, 2017, 12:05 AM.

Comment

His name is "Mutt" 'cause he's a mixed breed. I ran a thread on here seeking a name (all our cars are named) and this was the one I picked (Thanks Milner 351). One of my claims to fame is that I totalled 2 Mercedes to build it - 1 for the engine and 1 for the manual trans - the hulks went to PnP.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X